Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Constant twitching muscles

[Lu...]

Hey everyone, haven’t posted in a bit but hope everyone is getting some healing and happiness today! 

for those that don’t know I am just about 4 months post CT from Xanax and boy it’s been one hell of a roller coaster. About a month ago I was seeing some major progress and then I had to go on an antibiotic for a sinus Infection and it ruined everything. Azithormyzin 500mlg daily for a week. Mental side effects (depression, severe DP/DR, anxiety) came back in full force and now I am having new terrifying physical stuff as well. 

I have had major muscle weakness and throbbing body pain and twitching since day 1 of acute  but it went away almost completely prior to the antibiotic. About a week after finishing the anti biotic I started taking culturelle maximum strength pro biotic in hopes to re balance my gut biome. About 2 days after starting that I have been having CONSTANT twitching and I mean constant. Every second of every day for 4 days now. My legs are twitching, pulsing, buzzing,  bubbling, it feels like a constant vibration tremor in my calves 24/7. It’s a very difficult sensation to describe. Almost like little kernels of popcorn in my calve muscles popping continuously. 

mixed in with this constant feeling are huge twitches, making it very difficult for me to sleep. Mostly in my calves and quads but they jump everywhere, my face, neck, buttocks, back muscles. All day and all night. It’s so beyond frustrating. I have had my blood work done 4 times over the last 4 months and showed nothing. I also had a full neurology work up in week 1 of my withdrawal with a full body EMG, NCS and brain MRI. All came back normal.  But it’s even worse now than it was in week 1 of acute which doesn’t seem possible at 4 months out. Wondering if I should pay another exorbitant fee to have these tests repeated. I am just terrified it’s something more sinister and confused and terrified. 

can anyone relate to this?? Any advice? I’m so desperate. 

as always thank you for the continued support from all of you wonderful folks. Praying for you all every single night ❤️❤️

Edited by [Lu...]

[jo...]

I relate to all the muscle stuff for sure. My calfs inparticular were cramping bubbeling and twitching for a few months. Still do but less regular now. Although there's new stuff now. Dead arm feeling and some nerve pain in my finger. This stuff seems to go away, come back, go away again, then get replaced by something else, until one day it will have all gone. I hear that antibiotics can cause waves of symptoms so it could be that. How long till you return to your baseline is something I can't answe,r although I have caused myself an alcohol wave before and after a couple of weeks it died down and I actually felt better than I did before the wave.

[Kr...]
1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Wondering if I should pay another exorbitant fee to have these tests repeated.

You’ll be wasting your money, but if you are not yet convinced this is bwd, then go for it. 

CT usually means dealing with acute symptoms longer.  Probiotics made me worse, too.

The problem with asking for advice is what works for one person can be terrible for another.

This is an injury to the nervous system and brain  chemistry is temporarily imbalanced.

im sorry but there is no easy “fix” for the suffering that comes from this.

Ive had all the symptoms you do, and not all have gone but most have certainly improved. 

you are still not that far off a CT. I know it seems like an eternity, but please hang on. 

[Lu...]

@[Kr...] thank you for the reply my friend, I’m hoping it was just the pro biotic flaring everything up and it goes back away soon. It’s just so bizarre because it’s worse than it was early in which makes me nervous. It’s hard to comprehend a pill did this to you 4 months later when every muscle in your body is jumping under your skin 😞 hope your doing well! 

[Lu...]

@[jo...] thank you for the reply man, I’m glad your feeling improved after your last wave! Wonderful news. Did you find your calf twitching/bubbling/crawling was worse when laying down? Whenever I lay down at night it’s non stop 

[jo...]
8 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[jo...] thank you for the reply man, I’m glad your feeling improved after your last wave! Wonderful news. Did you find your calf twitching/bubbling/crawling was worse when laying down? Whenever I lay down at night it’s non stop 

Yeah it was always worse lying down.