Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Throwing away the pills

8 days since I jumped.

Today I threw out one bottle of pills!

Tomorrow Ill do another one .

Then Ill tear up the prescription.

VERY good idea.  I have seen so many fall into the temptation of either reinstating or up-dosing when times get tough.  I am so thankful I decided to flush all mine before I went to Detox.  Very smart.

Toilets are for flushing crap (aka benzos;))

Fantastic job!!! I quit Klon tonight, and all of those wretched little demon wafers are going bye bye.

[41...]

Right on, honeym!  It feels so good, doesn't it?!?

FYI:

Most pharmacies have a deposit program where you can safely dispose of old medications.

As soon as I am done crossing over, every Ativan pill I have is going to be destroyed and I never want to see them again. After my tapering off Librium is done, any leftover pills from this will go bye bye too.

Yes I am happy I did it. Im tossing the rest right now. But believe me its not easy.

Im tempted to keep just one .Thats such a bad bad idea.....

NO NO NO dont do that....lol.... Get rid of them all!!! I did that. Flushed everyone that I had left on my last day. Very Empowering.

Don't let the temptation of keeping just one pill win. Get rid of all of them. That's like a smoker quitting and keeping just one cigarette or someone who quits drinking keeping just one little bottle of vodka around. Once you take that first pill again, it can put you back where you don't want to be. I look forward to the day I take my last pill.

Hi

I never throw out my Seroxat(paroxetine) tablets. I don't know why. I finish with them in November last year and never try to take it again. Good idea. I am going right now to throw them out. I will soon be off of clonazepam and will have plenty of pills left. I hope I will have courage to throw them out cause I have been using them for 5 yrs.

Marija

i still have not thrown them out.  i know i should. it's so weird.  maybe i'll just be able to do it fast sometime.  drug addict mentality

Pan, go back and read all the horror stories of withdrawal from benzo's and I bet that will be enough to make you want to get rid of them fast so that you don't have a repeat of it.

Day 10 benzo free. Im getting some nightmares and also I wake up and my heart is beating fast. Why is this now?

Valium has a pretty long half-life.  Your body is probably noticing no new Valium is coming in.  I had nightmares the first month off but they are gone now.  Be careful what you watch on TV for a while, anything scary made mine worse.

The heartbeat thing happened to me too, but it is significantly less frequent and not as loud as it was.  Symptoms pop up out of no where after you stop for a month or so, but they eventually get less frequent and less in tense.  That's just how it works.

Thanks Perseverance,

Im counting the days maybe I shouldnt . Youre right about the tv thing I watched Terminator 2 yesterday I dreamt about snakes yuck!!!  now only happy, sunshine movies .

I remember very well the moment I phoned the drug store and cancelled my prescription - felt like a strong statement to me - good for you Honey.  :)

Thanks . I have some pills left . Just five . How come its so hard to throw them away? I feel sad about not doing it . Its as scary as jumping.

Thanks . I have some pills left . Just five . How come its so hard to throw them away? I feel sad about not doing it . Its as scary as jumping.

You don't need them any more Honeym. It is hard but you are strong. You will get rid of them.

I hope you will write me same when come my time for throw clonazepam away  :).

Marija

[0b...]

Don't let the temptation of keeping just one pill win. Get rid of all of them. That's like a smoker quitting and keeping just one cigarette or someone who quits drinking keeping just one little bottle of vodka around. Once you take that first pill again, it can put you back where you don't want to be. I look forward to the day I take my last pill.

That's true!

I quit smoking once and kept one cigarette, and because of that one cigarette.. I still smoke 15 years later!  :idiot:

About the booze, that's true too, but I don't drink anymore.

I still have a bottle of Klonopin here from last year! I need to throw that away because sometimes it gets tempting.. but I know they wouldn't work like they once did.. unfortunately. I'm not going to lie, the klonopin helped me live a good 4 - 5 years, and those days are gone.. :(

If tolerance wouldn't build up, I could have kept living!

Yes, throw the Valiums away! Burn them, whatever you need to do.