Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Alcohol Setback

[Mo...]

Hi everyone. I was stable for 3 years and   I’m experiencing a setback from alcohol for about a year. I was drinking heavily. 

My question is I’ve read about setbacks and many peoples stories and they are usually short lived. I have been in windows and waves for about a year and I’m not stabilizing, I got covid in February and it set me back even more severely. 

is this common? I don’t know what else to think and I’m absolutely devastated. 

[fa...]
2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Hi everyone. I was stable for 3 years and   I’m experiencing a setback from alcohol for about a year. I was drinking heavily. 

My question is I’ve read about setbacks and many peoples stories and they are usually short lived. I have been in windows and waves for about a year and I’m not stabilizing, I got covid in February and it set me back even more severely. 

Are you on any other meds? Supplements ect?

[He...]

It will return to normal but it takes time. I had a setback from alcohol. Also other people here. When I had infections I also had setbacks. What are your symptoms?

[no...]
12 hours ago, [[M...] said:

You need to repost this in withdrawal help

[Mo...]
6 hours ago, [[H...] said:

It will return to normal but it takes time. I had a setback from alcohol. Also other people here. When I had infections I also had setbacks. What are your symptoms?

Thanks, I’m just concerned with how long it’s taking. I haven’t read about anyone experiencing setbacks for this long. Usually I see they are short lived. 

I have muscle twitching throughout my body, bad intrusive thoughts,  anxiety, adrenaline rushes, muscle pain, also feel like I’m in a dream 

[bw...]

16 month setback here. You sound like me its brutal i know. Hang in there. It will end. And dont drink anymore. Sorry.

• Like 2