Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

13 months off and still suffering

[lo...]

Hi, my name is louisa. I am now 13 months off benzos and still suffering mental sx's. I hope to give and receive support to members here.

I was on clonazepam for 11 months and then did a valum taper fromt hat for 2.5 months.

I started to feel better during 3 to 6 months off, then I had a huge setback during months 6 through 11 with very severe sx's. Now the last two months I beleive I am slowly getting better, but I still have a long way to go.

I look forward to meeting others here. :)

Hi and welcome! How much klono were you on before tapering? Thats a pretty fast taper that you did.

You'll get all the support you need here. It's a wonderful place with very caring people.

It'll get better, slowly but surely. Just hang in there!

Amanda

Hi louisa,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!! Sorry to hear about your set back, but glad you are doing better now. We have others here that can relate to your story. Glad to have you!!

T2  :smitten:

Hi Marnie, it's Louisa!

It's so good to see your face again. This place feels wonderful and it's great to already know a few people.

I guess I'll start a blog here soon :thumbsup:

I KNOW, Lou-Lou! I'm soooo chuffed to see you, too!  :yippee:

It's really lovely here, honey. Everyone is so nice and friendly and Colin (the site owner and Admin) is so caring.

Hey, I brought someone to see ya! ;D

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/5576/hugbig3tyv2.gif

PS: Start a BLOG!  ;)

Hi Charles, it's louisa here.

I'm excited about coming here and I will be here to support you.

Are you feeling any better? :)

Dear Louisa,

Are you Alberta-Louisa???

I hope!

I still feel pretty bad ... how are you doing?

Charles

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yes Charles, it's Alberta louisa, it's good to see you.

Marnie, I will start a blog for sure.

Paxton, hi thanks for the welcome. I was on 1 mg of clonazepam and then did a valum taper off that for 2.5 months.

It was rather quick but I was having a very toxic reaction towards the end and was much better off doing a faster taper.

This seems like a very caring place already. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yes Charles, it's Alberta louisa, it's good to see you.

Marnie, I will start a blog for sure.

Paxton, hi thanks for the welcome. I was on 1 mg of clonazepam and then did a valum taper off that for 2.5 months.

It was rather quick but I was having a very toxic reaction towards the end and was much better off doing a faster taper.

This seems like a very caring place already. :thumbsup:

Yes we do care, and we're happy to have you here. Just make yourself comfortable and enjoy. :thumbsup:

T

ooops........i just noticed your in a section that i should have started in......marnie and i started in the big boy section instead of the kindergarten section here :laugh:

Yeah, Louisa, you have come to caring place. The more you need help...the more you will receive. Just let it all hang out.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Just wondering though if other factors besides benzos are at work...since it has been so long since you jumped off. I have just jumped off myself, and find that without the benzos I still have the same problems facing me as before them...ones that I must solve separately. Maybe this is a factor with you? Well, no matter what... people are here to help. You can share literally anything...no judging or criticizing.

INB ;)

Hi Louisa

If I may ask what kind of mental sx's, Its good they are regressing. I still have tinitus. I can function its just extremely irratating, same with you?

Take care

Bobers

More welcomes, that's great!

INB- Congrats on getting of the benzos. I really did not have any issues prior to benzos. I was having chest pains and my heart was racing one night, so I went into the hospital because I was scared and they diagnosed me with anxiety disorder. Know those sx's don't even bother me.

I've heard that usually people heal anywhere from 6 to 18 months, so I'll have to wait an see what happens in the next few months.

I'm sure your recovery will be faster than mine, lot's are.

Bobers- My mental sx's are obsessive thoughts, mild anxiety, dp, and mood swings. I start to feel better for a little while, then it get's worse again.

I feel horrible, but for the most part I'm functioning now. I was much better of at 4 months out than now.

How long have you been off? Is tinnitus your only sx?

Hi

Almost 10 months and not really the only symptom, some head pressure and buzzing, kinda tingily, I also seem a bit worse than I was a few months ago, oh well. I can function but this is getting pretty old. Wish the old receptors would hurry up.

Take care

Bobers

Have a good sleep Timber.

I'm so glad that your :smitten: that I came here.

I had a brutal day, worse than in a long time, not happy about it.

I hope a sleep is what I need. :thumbsup:

Sure hope you feel better tomorrow Louisa. :thumbsup:

Tony

I'm doing pretty good. No s/x except for the odd headache and the anticipated benzo fatigue. Three more doses and I can toss the rest of my benzos for ever!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Thanks for asking!

T

Good night Charles, I hope you get some good sleep.

I'm so glad your okay, I didn't know where you went and I was worried about you.

I had a yucky day, time for sleep now.

Dear Lousia,

Good to see you again!

I hope you are doing good. I kinda have more fire/acid today and going slow.

Thanks,

Charles