Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Fear of going crazy

[gu...]

Hey folks, as my symptoms continue to ramp up, I am experiencing periods of extreme overwhelm. I get frightened that it’ll take me right to the point of being crazy. Can anyone else relate to this? Thank you.

• Like 3

[Kr...]

Absolutely. It gets better but remember it is not you and your poor brain is letting all the fear and worry and craziness run rampant. It’s a part of the brain called the limbic system which is on fire. You are not going insane.

❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ma...]

You’re probably:

Feeling like you’re going insane, but sane enough to know you’re not.

Your brain is misfiring as it works to reach homeostasis. Just observe and try not to react to the overwhelm. This will pass as everything comes together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Cr...]

Listen to Krissirk and educate yourself about the systems in your body responisble for these symptoms. Knowledge can help to quell fear.

As for your fear of going crazy.. I am sure you need not worry. While I am not a psychologist or psychiatrist, it is pretty well known that crazy people don't think they are crazy nor do they worry about becoming crazy as their thoughts do not alarm them. You are obviously distraught and anxious over not being able to control your thoughts.

I don't really like the word 'crazy' because in my view it can be broadly applied to even benign thoughts or actions. Your true fear is about insanity... which you would be best to remember that someone losing their grip on reality is unaware of their own journey into insanity.

Recovery from psych meds is not easy and will have you questioning yourself and the reality around you.

If this continues to be bothersome I suggest you look for an open-minded therapist or psychologist that can help you apply techniques for countering irrational thoughts.

[Cr...]

Obsessing over 'going crazy' is quite a common form of OCD.  I just found this video and this guy reiterates what I have said but is far descriptive.

[Ja...]

Withdrawing from this crap certainly makes you feel on the edge,.when you have no sleep and thoughts traveling at a 100 miles an hour,tinnitus,ocd looping thoughts,as well as physical symptoms,it’s a hell of a lot to take on

I feel ya pal I’m right in the depths as well,and had to see the mental health nurse this week,.the withdrawal is hellish  

• Like 1
  • Love 1