Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New kid in town

[Ho...]

Hello Hotchops here, thank you for the opportunity to join the Benzodiazepine community. My main reason for wanting to join is to receive support for the W/D symptoms that will come, also taper advice and any other information would surely be welcomed. I have been taking Benzodiazepines sense 1998 first Ativan/Lorazepam I cannot remember the dosage then switched to klonopin/Clonazepam 4mg/day currently at 1mg/day down from 2mg/day. I take .25mg morning and .75mg at bed time. Took a big cut1mg in January 1mg am 2mg pm then cut .75mg in February, end of March started 2mg mid April 1.75mg. I have been cutting .25mg/month starting March 2011 I seem to be tolerating fairly well some tinnitus and insomnia. At any rate I am determined to get off this drug my plan is to jump at .125mg November 14th any input is welcomed. Thanks again.

Hotchops    

Hiya Hotchops, Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

You have done admirably well to have made it down to 1 mg.  So tinnitus and insomnia are your most prominent symptoms?  That isn't bad for how far you have come down.  Cutting .25 mg a month is pretty reasonable.

We will gladly support you throughout the remainder of your taper and beyond. There are lots of boards you may find useful during this difficult process.  I look forward to seeing you around. If you have any questions feel free to ask.  :)

Crono

Hi Hotchops,

It looks like you have yourself in order to move ahead. Those symptoms you mention are very typical of withdrawal. Here's a link to the Ashton Manual if you want some good info on benzos and how to withdraw. http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

I'm glad you found us, welcome to the group :)

Star