Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is CT dangerous in the long run

[Lu...]

I’ve been on Xanax for 6 months. .50 3 times a day. Mostly for sleep. I’ve been cold Turkey for 6 days. Man issue besides feeling little spaced out is insomnia. I’ve been reading articles that are saying CT scan do more damage than tapering. I chose not to taper due to me looking for employment. Plus didn’t like the way I felt on it. Need help with insomnia as well as support please help. I’m scared I’m facing this and my family doesn’t understand the gravity of this situation. 

[Ja...]

I hope the CT works out for you bud,.your taking a big chance on it from what I’ve read as well.

The tapering does suck to but it seems the right way to go,.I’ve held dose for 3 week there and my sleep evened out to 5-6 hour the last week

i get that feeling to just jump of as well bud,I’ve been at it for months now

[Lu...]

Big chance or long term effects or withdrawals? I just need this outta of me as quick as possible. Need to sleep 

• Like 1

[Ma...]

You’re in the acute WD period still.  You’ve been on for a relatively short amount of time, but not insignificant and not an insignificant dose.  If insomnia is your only issue, I’d be tempted to see how it goes for the next week or so and try OTC sleep aids to see if they help.  You will likely continue to experience WD but for who long, nobody knows.   It could be days or weeks but it will get better.  Your overall health, any other psych conditions, and age also factor in to this.  

[Lu...]

So you don’t think this will last months or so? I just need to get sleep so I can focus. I’m on the verge of losing great employment due to no sleep and my family. Can’t believe I didn’t understand this once I got on them. Would’ve of never did this. 

[jo...]

Your symptoms don't sound to bad. You could get a short withdrawl. Usually if things are going to be really rough it would of shown it's hand by now. If tolerable give it a few more days to see how you go. You will still have time to taper in that timeframe if you decide to.

[Lu...]

Thank you, unfortunately I cannot have this in my system due to looking for other employment. I’m not sweating or any of that other stuff I’m reading besides no sleep. I feel spaced out I know is from no sleep. Just need to sleep the rest I’ll battle through. 

• Like 1

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

I'm not a doctor (which is probably a good thing regarding this subject) but you seem to be doing well. I have a feeling you might be ok. Give it a little more time and if you start noticing improvement then you can probably just ride it out. 6 days and feeling the way you are is a good sign in my opinion. It could be a lot worse.

Edited by [jo...]

[An...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Thank you, unfortunately I cannot have this in my system due to looking for other employment. I’m not sweating or any of that other stuff I’m reading besides no sleep. I feel spaced out I know is from no sleep. Just need to sleep the rest I’ll battle through. 

Try some sleep restavit and magnesium glycernate short term  

• Like 1

[PE...]
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I’ve been on Xanax for 6 months. .50 3 times a day. Mostly for sleep. I’ve been cold Turkey for 6 days. Man issue besides feeling little spaced out is insomnia. I’ve been reading articles that are saying CT scan do more damage than tapering. I chose not to taper due to me looking for employment. Plus didn’t like the way I felt on it. Need help with insomnia as well as support please help. I’m scared I’m facing this and my family doesn’t understand the gravity of this situation. 

Hi buddy!

I can just talk for myself and i did a ct like 8 months ago. First 3 weeks was really intense but i got slowly better. After 3 months it got considerably better!

If you can get a hold off anti convulsion medication you can use just in case it's even better. Not that seizures are that common but just in case.

Is it possible for you to take 2-3 weeks off from work?

I think you be fine.. 

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I don't think for employment they check for benzos??  I may be wrong since I never had to do a "drug" test, only alcohol way back in the late 70s early 80s. 

I've been tapering and doing really well, but I know Peppe has done amazing on a CT, so it's all up to you and what you believe will be best in your situation ;) oregonlady

• Like 1

[Lu...]

Thank you all for your responses it feels good to feel I got support. I can’t get off work due to being the bread winner and financially struggling at the moment with work slowing down for the past 2 years. I’ve tried magnesium glycinate last night and I was up with in the hour. I’m gonna try it tonight on an empty stomach. 

• Like 1

[be...]
On 07/06/2024 at 07:06, [[A...] said:

Try some sleep restavit and magnesium glycernate short term  

can regular magnesium also help?

[An...]
On 08/06/2024 at 10:13, [[b...] said:

can regular magnesium also help?

I have tried citrate and glycerinate I found glycerinate to help better. You can try them both or which ever you find suits you