Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

17 months klonopin free and still fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well its been away ,but i have not broken the back of this monster...... :-\???:(:o :oa few times i thought it was taken me out for good ....this has been so overwhelming...in my early stages i was bad but had some great windows....where i thought i was getting better and there was light at the end of the tunnel.....well i was so wrong!!!!it seem to me and many i talked to, that the longer off ,things get way worse before they get better...along this hardest road ever i have found out that this klonopin is a life wrecker...you lose friends ,lovers,family,jobs ,material things,and so much more ...by the time i make it out ,i feel i will be standing alone ,beaten to a pulp ,out of touch if you will ......but still standing....as i look back and see how far i have come ...its amazing ,but i still fight this even harder than i ever had now today,this minute .... :'(why ...why dose it still hold me down....i know where still healing and this is not permanent or cause damage...well that's wrong to say ...for one you would not suffer so bad on and off ,up and down if not damaged ....the feeling in your brain is wrong and so messed up ,this drugs scrambles to brain ....to the max...the doctors led us into a ambush ....and then turn there backs and say this is not possible this far out....leaving by yourself to fight this ...all along the way friends ,family's,lovers fall to the waistside  in disbelief about your suffering so long.....this makes it even harder ...sorry to ramble but have so much inside and i want to break out of this mess and redeem myself and to shine again ..... :(but i still suffer pain and not working right...feelings ,i don't want to scare anyone but we are all different and all take different roads to recovery and mine is one of horror ....to think a little yellow pill can steal what matters to me over and over again  :'(holding on Jeff32

I read a mans story on a different benzo support site who took 3 years to heal.  He was a police officer and lost his career.  He thought it was permanent because no one else took that long to heal, but never gave up fighting.  He is now working full time, taking night classes at college, and claims to be 100% healed.  I don't know where I will be at 17 months, I know you must feel devastated.  I am going to keep his story in the back of my mind to prepare myself in case.  I hope his experience brings you hope.

You are not alone Jeff.  I know of at least 50 people who are protacted wd now. 

I'm 18 months off and still very sick.  Like you I have see some healing from the early times, but so discouraged, afraid, and weary from it taking so long for us to get our life back.

We have no other choice than to move forward inch by inch with hope that this will be soon be over.

Hugs to you!

Believe