Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tender scalp

[ch...]

I need success stories from this symptom i have sore scalp when i touch the skin of my scalp its painfull , i appreciate any inputs and if there is someone who healed from this i didnt find Anyone with this symptom thank you so much.i used benzo for 3 months including a taper im left with this symptom im 5 weeks out :cry:

[Fa...]

@[ch...]  I have this symptoms on and off.  I have had this symptom for years...it started during tolerance before I even knew what I was experiencing.  It is common...it's not unique to you.

First, congratulations for being benzo free!  That is amazing!

So, yes...the scalp tenderness can be intense.  I remember when it first began, when I got my hair done, I would yelp when my hairdresser would even try to comb the crown of my head.  Now when this happens, I recognize it for what it is, and I just wait for it to subside again.

This will go away.  Be patient, and don't panic.  I know how unnerving it can be.  Not sure if you experience heat as well with this, but I do.  Five weeks is early after discontinuation.  Just know as your body adjusts to the drug being out of your system, this will ease.  Don't panic, and leave the benzo in your rear view mirror and be grateful you are no longer on the drug.  Your body will find it's way back.

Warmly,

F

[ch...]
32 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

@[ch...]  I have this symptoms on and off.  I have had this symptom for years...it started during tolerance before I even knew what I was experiencing.  It is common...it's not unique to you.

First, congratulations for being benzo free!  That is amazing!

So, yes...the scalp tenderness can be intense.  I remember when it first began, when I got my hair done, I would yelp when my hairdresser would even try to comb the crown of my head.  Now when this happens, I recognize it for what it is, and I just wait for it to subside again.

This will go away.  Be patient, and don't panic.  I know how unnerving it can be.  Not sure if you experience heat as well with this, but I do.  Five weeks is early after discontinuation.  Just know as your body adjusts to the drug being out of your system, this will ease.  Don't panic, and leave the benzo in your rear view mirror and be grateful you are no longer on the drug.  Your body will find it's way back.

Warmly,

F

Thank you for rassurance that means a lot many of my symptoms subsides im left with this one wich is crippiling i hope i quick recovery for you F , whats concerning me i know a person still having this a 2 years of she called it occipital neuralgia and even had surgery on it the surgery did nothing and that was scary 

[Fa...]

@[ch...]  I know how easy it is to get overwhelmed with fear; however, do not go down that rabbit hole.  Your NS needs time to calm and come to a place of homeostasis again.  You will get there.

Warmly,