Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Internal pressure

[Wi...]
Posted (edited)

What the hell is this internal pressure feeling?

Head pressure, pressure in my nerves all over. It got way worse with time. I feel pressurized, pumped with air like everything just wants to explode. The pressure rises and rises and I just want it to release. My head, throat, neck, chest, arms. Like my body is expanding. It feels like the electricity from my brain runs it, there is this nerve pulsing. It comes with vibrations. When in my arms I have these urges to move them, when in my stomach I want to rock.

Anyone please? What is this, why is it getting worse and does this sensation ever go away?

Edited by [Wi...]

[An...]

Actually, this internal feeling of pressure is what started me on benzos when I was in my early 20s. Mine was always in my chest and stomach, making me think I had some kind of heart issue going on. Eventually, I was DX'd with GAD and PD and put on benzos. They alleviated SXs initially but made things much worse after I became tolerant.

[Wi...]
1 minute ago, [[A...] said:

Actually, this internal feeling of pressure is what started me on benzos when I was in my early 20s. Mine was always in my chest and stomach, making me think I had some kind of heart issue going on. Eventually, I was DX'd with GAD and PD and put on benzos. They alleviated SXs initially but made things much worse after I became tolerant.

You weren't on any meds before that? It's awful! For me it's all the way down from my head into my core and into my arms as well. 

[An...]

NO, I was put on benzos b/c of the internal chest pressure.  I was convinced I had a heart issue. After a battery of heart tests to rule out heart disease, a DX of GAD and PD was made. The pressure for me was mainly in my torso and it was 24/7.

[Wi...]
Just now, [[A...] said:

NO, I was put on benzos b/c of the internal chest pressure.  I was convinced I had a heart issue. After a battery of heart tests to rule out heart disease, a DX of GAD and PD was made. The pressure for me was mainly in my torso and it was 24/7.

I guess mine is too severe to be from GAD. I feel like I will just explode any minute, like eveything is so pressurised, even my face and neck. It's hell.

[An...]

Benzo w/d can cause this, esp. if you did not have it prior to starting benzos. Even tho I had this prior to taking benzos, benzos over the years have made it a lot worse IMO.

Are you off benzos or still tapering?

[Wi...]

I am 3 years off all psych meds. I had a few symptoms only. This came on from setbacks from different meds and my CNS exploded. I am extremely sensitive :( It's been a year since I touched any meds or supplements and I am still getting worse. It's ridiculous.

[Wa...]

I recognise this exactly - it is a form of akathisia (contrary to popular belief, akathisia does not always make you want to pace).   It disappears as the nervous system heals, but can hang around for a long time.   

• Like 1

[Wi...]
31 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

I recognise this exactly - it is a form of akathisia (contrary to popular belief, akathisia does not always make you want to pace).   It disappears as the nervous system heals, but can hang around for a long time.   

You have had this freaky pressure too? And electrical current? It's a nightmare! My head and face are exploding with nerve pain on top of that today.

[ro...]
3 hours ago, [[W...] said:

You have had this freaky pressure too? And electrical current? It's a nightmare! My head and face are exploding with nerve pain on top of that today.

I have this along with looping insanity inside that just doesn’t stop. I know it’s some form of internal akathisia due to the foreign insane nature of it that makes no sense. No calming techniques work. Nothing I’ve learned in my 44 years helps or makes it subside. It’s just there. As soon as I wake from my 2-3 hours of sleep each night it revs and cycles and begins. It’s the worst thing I can imagine to happy to a human. I’m not sure how to keep going like this.

• Sad 1

[ro...]

I feel crazy even trying to describe this torment or saying all this out loud. I can never make sense of it. It has destroyed me.

[Wi...]
10 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I have this along with looping insanity inside that just doesn’t stop. I know it’s some form of internal akathisia due to the foreign insane nature of it that makes no sense. No calming techniques work. Nothing I’ve learned in my 44 years helps or makes it subside. It’s just there. As soon as I wake from my 2-3 hours of sleep each night it revs and cycles and begins. It’s the worst thing I can imagine to happy to a human. I’m not sure how to keep going like this.

Yeah, its totally foreign, like just pressure in the body coming from within. I feel pressurized and like my cells are all shaking and vibrating. And my head is killing me.

[ro...]
7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Yeah, its totally foreign, like just pressure in the body coming from within. I feel pressurized and like my cells are all shaking and vibrating. And my head is killing me.

Yes. Very similar

[WU...]

Yes I have the pressure, like all the cells are running about inside in all directions looking for a home ! 

• Like 1