Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling stuck in the muck

[Lo...]

This past week has been challenging. Feels like I’m right on the edge of a window and wave most days. A surprisingly annoying place to be. Head feels heavy, agitated, anxious, a dash of depression, anhedonia, and time has come to a screeching halt. My usual routines just aren’t cutting it. Though one thing that’s been missing is my usual walks. They don’t even feel possible or helpful at the moment. My only moments of ‘normalcy’ are during my yoga sessions. Trying to follow the breadcrumbs back to how good I was feeling last week. The contrast is brutal! I’m certain this is relatable to someone out there lol. What did you do when the time didn’t want to pass and everything hurt?

[Wa...]

Hello Long Hold Hero - me too.   Other than first thing in the morning which is always horrible, I can feel OK for a few days and think I’m almost there then…..boom!  ‘Ere we go again, back in the trenches.  It’s absolutely typical, we just have to wait it out……(I’m 18 months off).   Hang in there!

• Like 1

[En...]
9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

This past week has been challenging. Feels like I’m right on the edge of a window and wave most days. A surprisingly annoying place to be. Head feels heavy, agitated, anxious, a dash of depression, anhedonia, and time has come to a screeching halt. My usual routines just aren’t cutting it. Though one thing that’s been missing is my usual walks. They don’t even feel possible or helpful at the moment. My only moments of ‘normalcy’ are during my yoga sessions. Trying to follow the breadcrumbs back to how good I was feeling last week. The contrast is brutal! I’m certain this is relatable to someone out there lol. What did you do when the time didn’t want to pass and everything hurt?

Yes this is typical. Mornings are always the worst. It is morning now and like usual I feel horrible. But as the day passes I do feel better.

I get through this by telling myself I will feel better in a  few hours. One day I can feel pretty good the next I feel like I'm in a wave. At least I get to feel good once in awhile. 

Your symptoms are what I do through too. 3 weeks ago I was in a very bad place after an aggressive cut. I think it was the worst i had ever felt. I am healing 3 weeks out and am feeling better everyday. I have to keep positive. 

I find daily walks are a very good thing. Even if we dont feel like it. Just to get out and get some fresh air and sunlight and a change in scenery. It distracts you of your symptoms. In my 2 weeks of not feeling well I didnt go for walks as I knew it would rev up my symptoms so I rested. I began walking again gradually. Small walks for even 10 or 20min. I now feel confident enough I could go for 45min walks. I dont always feel like going out but I force myself. I do feel better after. There was a time in my taper that even a walk didnt make me feel better and I like my walks. 

Everything will get better. You will get more windows than waves. I think I am entering that phase. I still have a bit more to go before I am off completely. It can be hard to stay positive sometimes but I think of the good days and I feel better. In the mornings like right now I think later today I will feel much better. I dont feel like eating until later and that's ok. 

Hang in there. I am trying too. You are not alone. 

• Like 1