Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Taper plan

[Mo...]
On 17/06/2024 at 21:30, [[C...] said:

Okay good....I had some PMs with her tonight and she is saying to put the two weights from the Gemini scale on the new scale's weighing pan and then push Tare and then put the shaved pill on the weighing pan.

I used my Gemini tonight and it was bouncing between 161 and 164 and I needed 162 so since it hit 162 twice I decided to go with that.

I have only made two cuts on my old scale so have had two days of tapering and I have gone from very bad to horrible. My anxiety is beyond anything I have had before. Usually I get a small window by this time 12:30 in EST but I am just a bundle of nerves.

I am glad we are starting this together.

How is it going with your new scale?

[Mo...]
2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

How is it going with your new scale?

Like I told Ellie, I haven't been able to try it out yet because of major water problems in our house. Hopefully next week.

[El...]

@[Mo...] So very sorry to hear about your water issues!  It sounds like  a very stressful situation.  Congratulations for being so calm!  I'll be thinking about you.

[Mo...]

Hi Pamster, the other day you had asked me about my dosing. At the time, I had thought about dosing 4 times a day would lessen interdose withdrawals, but it would probably make the taper more difficult, so I am staying with 3 x a day which is 7am, 3pm and 11pm.  I was thinking though when you asked if I set an alarm, I do for my 3pm dose so as not to forget if I'm doing other things, but not for my am dose because it is easy to remember when I first wake up. However, sometimes it might be at 6:45am or if I wake at 7:30. Do you think that time makes a big difference? Just curious because I know you're supposed to take your dose 'around' the same time, but didn't know if 30 or 45 minutes would make a difference.

Hi Ellie, you mentioned you could help me set up the scale you had suggested (Analytical balance lab digital precision scale 110V). As you said, it is in Chinese so I'd appreciate your help when you get a chance. Thank you

@[Mo...] I will give you instructions for my scale. My scale came with the draft shield doors (both sides and top) already installed. I only had to insert the metal pan ring and the metal pan and attach the power adaptor. If yours is slightly different, let me know the differences so I can give you further directions. I have also included instructions for calibration.

1. Place the scale on a level, sturdy surface, away from sunlight, away from air drafts, away from sources of heat or air conditioning, and in an area free of vibration (out of foot traffic and away from vibrating appliances like a washing machine, dryer or dishwasher).

2. Make sure the scale is level. You can use a carpenter’s level (if you have one). You may just need to “eyeball” it. If the “legs” on the balance are adjustable, you can use those to level it, if it appears unlevelled.

3. Insert the power adaptor at the back if the scale.

4. Fit the metal pan ring around the central “hole” in the interior middle the scale.

5. Place the shaft of the metal pan into the hole. Make sure is securely in place. Your weighing surface is now prepared.

6. Plug in the scale. Press the power button. Allow the scale to “warm up” for 30-60 minutes.

7. To calibrate: When the scale shows +/- "0.000 g”, press the “Cal” button. It should say something like “ Please Wait”. When “100” appears, press “Cal” again. “100” should blink. Place the calibration weight (that came with the scale), on the pan. Close all the draft shield doors . After a few seconds, “100.000 g” will appear. Remove the calibration weight. Your scale is now calibrated and you are ready to begin. You should calibrate it before each use in case the humidity or temperature has changed.

8. Always keep the draft shield doors closed between weighings and when not in use. This will keep dust off the pan.

9. Do not weigh directly on the pan surface. If you do, pill fragments may remain on the surface of the pan. Use a weigh pan (weigh dish) for your weighings of your pill. You can always remove the pan ring and pan to gently dust them if pill fragments or dust accumulates. Do not wash with water or cleaning fluids.

10. Lastly, do not keep weight on the pan when not in use. This may alter the weighing accuracy.

11. Side note: You will probably not need any of the other function keys except the “Tare” key if you usually use the tare function.

Hope this helps and that your water issues are resolved! Let me know how it goes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

@[Mo...] I will give you instructions for my scale. My scale came with the draft shield doors (both sides and top) already installed. I only had to insert the metal pan ring and the metal pan and attach the power adaptor. If yours is slightly different, let me know the differences so I can give you further directions. I have also included instructions for calibration.

1. Place the scale on a level, sturdy surface, away from sunlight, away from air drafts, away from sources of heat or air conditioning, and in an area free of vibration (out of foot traffic and away from vibrating appliances like a washing machine, dryer or dishwasher).

2. Make sure the scale is level. You can use a carpenter’s level (if you have one). You may just need to “eyeball” it. If the “legs” on the balance are adjustable, you can use those to level it, if it appears unlevelled.

4. Fit the metal pan ring around the central “hole” in the interior middle the scale.

5. Place the shaft of the metal pan into the hole. Make sure is securely in place. Your weighing surface is now prepared.

6. Plug in the scale. Press the power button. Allow the scale to “warm up” for 30-60 minutes.

7. To calibrate: When the scale shows +/- "0.000 g”, press the “Cal” button. It should say something like “ Please Wait”. When “100” appears, press “Cal” again. “100” should blink. Place the calibration weight (that came with the scale), on the pan. Close all the draft shield doors . After a few seconds, “100.000 g” will appear. Remove the calibration weight. Your scale is now calibrated and you are ready to begin. You should calibrate it before each use in case the humidity or temperature has changed.

8. Always keep the draft shield doors closed between weighings and when not in use. This will keep dust off the pan.

9. Do not weigh directly on the pan surface. If you do, pill fragments may remain on the surface of the pan. Use a weigh pan (weigh dish) for your weighings of your pill. You can always remove the pan ring and pan to gently dust them if pill fragments or dust accumulates. Do not wash with water or cleaning fluids.

10. Lastly, do not keep weight on the pan when not in use. This may alter the weighing accuracy.

11. Side note: You will probably not need any of the other function keys except the “Tare” key if you usually use the tare function.

Hope this helps and that your water issues are resolved! Let me know how it goes.

The kitchen is still being worked on, but I am so ready to start reductions. 

Yes, my scale has draft shield doors. I will try follow your instructions and see how it goes. Thank you!

57 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Guess I already need help.  It came with 4 pieces already in it. First, on the very bottom, is a black, rubbery substance a little bigger than a quarter.  I figured it might be there for packing and to protect the scale, so should I take that out or is it supposed to stay in? Then on top of that, is a pan, and in the pan is something I can't really describe. All I can say is, it has 4 half circles on the outer edge and a bolt shaped piece that is attached in the middle. The last thing I believe is what you called the 'metal pan ring. Kind of at a loss...

23 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Guess I already need help.  It came with 4 pieces already in it. First, on the very bottom, is a black, rubbery substance a little bigger than a quarter.  I figured it might be there for packing and to protect the scale, so should I take that out or is it supposed to stay in? Then on top of that, is a pan, and in the pan is something I can't really describe. All I can say is, it has 4 half circles on the outer edge and a bolt shaped piece that is attached in the middle. The last thing I believe is what you called the 'metal pan ring. Kind of at a loss...

I understand putting the metal ring around the hole, but don't understand about the shaft. Is that the piece that looks like a bolt?