Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

CBD oil to supress anxiety

[Be...]

Friends, please tell me, has anyone tried taking CBD oil to suppress anxiety?  Is CBD effective for treating anxiety?  I'm on benzo taper now.

[En...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Friends, please tell me, has anyone tried taking CBD oil to suppress anxiety?  Is CBD effective for treating anxiety?  I'm on benzo taper now.

This is just my experience with CBD oil and THC. It revs up my symptoms badly. I tried to smoke some THC 3 weeks ago and I paid the price for it. I only had 3 puffs and I was done. I have been recuperating the last 3 weeks from that. 

I tried CBD oil earlier in my taper for sleep and found it made me feel worse the next day.

Everyone is different. Some may find relief from CBD and THC but my brain doesn't like change.

• Like 1

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

i think most people get the tiniest initial relief then it makes things worse. what i experienced and have read a few times. maybe dont use things that put additional strain on your recovering brain. 

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[or...]

@[Be...] I use CBD for sleep. I've done this for years. CBD is not psychoactive -- THC is. How CBD works is that it lowers your blood pressure, thereby decreasing your anxiety. It relaxes you . . . and puts you in the mood  for sleep. At least that's how it works with me. Of course you can take it at any time of day . . . it will work the same way. Start out slow, maybe with a 5 mg gummie. If that doesn't do what you need done, increase to 10 and so on. I order mine from either Charlotte's Web or Lazarus Naturals.  They're both reputable sourses. Oh, they also sell CBD oil if you want that. I prefer the gummies. Right now I take about 30 mgs of CBD to relax me and put me in the mood for sleep. Best wishes,

Katz

[Br...]

@[Be...] - From what I've seen there's a lot of variation in how individuals respond to CBD.  If you do try it, I suggest you follow the tried and true advice to start low and go slow.  There are several strains of week with very high CBD to THC ratios.  Personally, I would try to keep THC to a minimum because it is notorious for raising anxiety levels in some of us.

[Le...]

cbd binds to the same receptors just with less effect. 

[jo...]

ashwagandha works on GABA also. not sure if that one's a good idea.

[d3...]

I've tried CBD with limited success. It turns out it makes me more anxious sometimes. Now I use something called CBDA and works better for box anxiety and sleep.

[Le...]

an hour walk a few hours before bed works. more chemicals all have their costs. 

• Like 2

[mr...]

cbd use to help me go to sleep, every since benzos tho, i get nothing....

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)

I used chamomile tea during my withdrawal and never had a negative reaction and felt it helped to bring my anxiety down 1 or 2 notches.

While yes the apigeninic compound does interact with gaba receptors it does not do so in the way alcohol and benzos do. Keep in mind that while we need gaba receptors to recover we still need them to perform their normal functions. Here is a youtube video that was pinned on the "Alternate Supplements" group of Benzo buddies.

This doctor seems to know what he is talking about as far as supplements or herbs that interact with gaba-a. It is worth a listen at least.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[Br...]

Like @[Cr...] I used chamomile tea to help with anxiety during withdrawal.  It was really helpful. I made it very strong with two teabags for a small teacup.  I had no adverse reactions that I'm aware of.