Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Questions for anyone who is tapering/has tapered clonazepam

[Al...]

If you are currently tapering clonazepam (or have done so in the past), would you mind answering the following questions? I'm hoping to use the answers to guide my own tapering strategy.

1: Do you divide your daily dose into several doses? If so, how many doses?

2: At what time of day do you take your dose(s)?

3: If you divide your daily dose, what is your main reason for doing so?

Thanks!

[Ct...]

I have been tapering from 1 mg Clonazepam. Currently my dose is down to 0.59 mg. I take one dose at night.

• Like 1

[Al...]

Just giving this a bump in the hope that it gets some more replies.

[Ti...]

I take 1 dose in the a.m. and maybe a fraction more later in the day if needed. But this depends on the generic. Due to shortages and greed of pharmacies it's been hit or miss to get the Teva generic. You would think they would get them with the price wholesale they pay as of March 2024 $0.03487 of a cent per pill.

https://ndclist.com/ndc/0093-3213/package/0093-3213-01/price

• Like 1

[je...]

Can’t remember if I told you on your other thread. I dosed once a day in the evening.

The main reason people would split their dose is if they experienced interdose withdrawal. 

• Like 1

[Al...]
10 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Currently down to <.0625 mg taking once per day

@[Ru...] Thanks for the response. At what time of day do you dose?

• Like 1

[Ru...]
52 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

@[Ru...] Thanks for the response. At what time of day do you dose?

I take it at 5pm. Prior to tapering I'd take it at bedtime. When I started the taper I wanted to make sure I wasn't needing it for sleep in hopes of not dealing with insomnia. SO far so good. I've had nights where it's taken hours to fall asleep or where my sleep has been broken, but have not had nights where I have not slept.

• Like 1

[ji...]

I take it once daily near bedtime.   I’m down to .093

• Like 1

[Al...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks @[je...], do you think it makes a difference whether it's taken on a full or empty stomach? In your case, did you take it before or after your evening meal? My understanding is that taking it after food delays the onset of effects and may prolong their duration, but I've heard some people say that food stops it working properly for them. I'm just wondering if taking it on a empty stomach might make it more effective and thereby allow someone to get by on a lower dose.

Edited by [Al...]
Clarity

[je...]

I didn’t pay attention to meals. I only took my dose at approximately the same time give or take an hour. I know some people say food can affect it but I just chose not to sweat the small stuff. There was enough to be stressed about I couldn’t add food and what and when I eat to the equation as well.

• Like 1