Important Survey - Please Participate ×

help with mg to ml conversion please

[Cy...]

Can anyone tell me the conversion for 11.67 mg of clonazepam to ml at a .1 mg/1 ml ratio?  My provider has never switched switched someone from tablet to a liquid solution and doesn't know this.  Need as soon as possible for a new script.  

Thank you!

[Li...]

@[Cy...]

116.7mLs of a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL = 11.67mg

Might I suggest that you ask your compounding pharmacist for help with future prescriptions?  A competent compounder should be ready, willing, and able to advise your prescriber on exactly how to write your prescriptions. For example, they might recommend that your prescriber include a small amount of extra liquid to account for liquid loss due to spillage, accidents, etc.

[Le...]

you have 1mg per 10ml so just multiply the number of mg you need by 10ml. 12mg=120ml. 11.67mgx10= 116.7 ml

[Cy...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

116.7mLs of a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL = 11.67mg

Might I suggest that you ask your compounding pharmacist for help with future prescriptions?  A competent compounder should be ready, willing, and able to advise your prescriber on exactly how to write your prescriptions. For example, they might recommend that your prescriber include a small amount of extra liquid to account for liquid loss due to spillage, accidents, etc.

@[Li...] Thank you Libertas! My doctor requested that I speak to the pharmacist and provide the information to her.  I haven't been able to reach them.  However, I think it best if I take your advice and connect the two of them directly.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

[Cy...]

you have 1mg per 10ml so just multiply the number of mg you need by 10ml. 12mg=120ml. 11.67mgx10= 116.7 ml

@[Le...]  I had no idea it was this simple.  Huge help!  Thank you!

[Cy...]

@[Le...]  I had no idea it was this simple.  Huge help!  Thank you!