Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

5HTP during taper

[TH...]

Would it be ok to take a 5HTP supplement during my taper? 

Currently on 3.25mg of V as of today and starting to feel quite low and frequent mood swings. I know you're not meant to take 5HTP with SSRI's but was curious if they're ok to take with Valium. 

Thanks 

[Cr...]

I don't believe there is any interaction with benzos and 5htp. You already are aware that it shouldn't be taken with ADs due to serotonin syndrome.

If your withdrawal symptoms are really bad right now you might be sensitive to any supplements to alter brain chemistry, whether natural or synthetic so be cautious.

• Like 2

[Cr...]

I just used drugs.com to check for interactions.

No interactions were found between tryptophan and Valium. However, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.

• Like 1

[TH...]
16 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I just used drugs.com to check for interactions.

No interactions were found between tryptophan and Valium. However, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult your healthcare provider.

Appreciate that. Physically I'm doing ok. It's just making my mood quite low so was looking for a supplement that'll give me that slight lift.