Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feels like this will never end

[En...]

I have been tapering for about 6 months. I thought I was almost done but learned I am just in a new phase of tapering.

I have been off work for about 8 months and was hoping to get back to life soon. I am in my lower dose now and found out I have to go slower in this phase of tapering. I am thinking at least another 5 months.

That's putting a time frame on it could be more depending on how I feel after each taper.  Then I could be in windows and waves for months.

I would hate to think I am going to be off work for months more. My insurance manager thinks I will be good to go back at the end of June. He was estimating by my rate of taper before which was too fast anyways. Won't he be disappointed I am not done in this time frame. That will be a stress I will deal with when the time comes as timeframes from my insurance company has been a stressor this whole time.

My Dr thinks you dont have to be off work tapering off clonozapam he told me. I have to laugh at my Dr he is an idiot. Just prescribe the pills and I will take over my body and life thank you. 

This last little bit may be tough one. I have been surviving my taper fairly well until now. I am disheartened that this won't be over soon and I may only be half way done. 

I admire anyone who can function during this time and can work. I dont think I could do this if I had to go to work. 

• Like 1

[Ja...]

The time frame and thought process around the taper is a mental hurdle it’s self,.what mg you down to bud if you don’t mind me asking,.I’m due a drop to 7 or 7.5 tomorrow and mentally I just don’t want to go there.I know I can’t stick around as well though and prolong it.

[En...]
13 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

The time frame and thought process around the taper is a mental hurdle it’s self,.what mg you down to bud if you don’t mind me asking,.I’m due a drop to 7 or 7.5 tomorrow and mentally I just don’t want to go there.I know I can’t stick around as well though and prolong it.

I'm down to 0.25mg clonazepam.  I am feeling better than last week so I am planning on doing another taper maybe early next week. It will be my first 10% taper since my last too large drop. I may only try 5% first and see how I feel. Might be a better idea to go lower at first and see how I handle the drop. 

[Ja...]

My last 2 were 1mg drops,.10-9…9-8..a 10 day then a 14 day,but yea the last 1 there was crap,,if I could get a empty cabin or somet in the hills for 6 month it would make it a hell of a lot easier

[En...]
5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

My last 2 were 1mg drops,.10-9…9-8..a 10 day then a 14 day,but yea the last 1 there was crap,,if I could get a empty cabin or somet in the hills for 6 month it would make it a hell of a lot easier

Yes this sucks. This should never be prescribed long term these Drs are all nuts.

• Like 1

Hi I started tapering from 10mg diazepam I dropped to 7.5mg 3 weeks ago. The anxiety is so intense and intolerable. Do I stick it out and stay here for a while at 7.5mg or do I up my dose this is hell and I mean to the point I just can’t be here I know that was too much to drop but I have only 5mg tablets so I just split one of the 5mg. Is anyone just suffering so so badly it’s taken over their life maybe I’m too unstable to taper yet I’ve just finished tapering mirtazipine is it just too much? 

[Ja...]

Noo,..hi,.being only 3 weeks you really should of been at 9.5,9.0, or 8.5,8.0 max really,.,.it’s just took me 24 days to get from 10 mg to 9mg to 8mg,.and the 8 was a push to far as well really,

.I’m been thinking exactly what you’ve said as well and questioning if I’m capable,.the withdrawals are extreme,I was hoping to go down to 7.5 tomorrow but I don’t think it’s happening.

I’ve been tapering since January and I’d had to reinstate back to a higher weight as I went to fast,large drops are brutal.