Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Scale recommendation please

[wa...]

Hello,

could someone recommend a scale to use for cutting/measuring tablets? I have been cutting mine for a while but with macular degeneration it is getting more difficult to do it with accuracy . Also, how do you measure? Thanks in advance!

blessings!

Hi, @[wa...]) Welcome to Benzobuddies! I'm glad you've found us and decided to post here.

I'm not an expert in the tapering concerns. I used a kitchen knife and my eyes to cut. But i'm sure other members will look in and share their experience to these points. 

Good luck to you!)

@[wa...], hi again) I've just come across a thread which might be useful for you. Here it is:

[Br...]

Hello @[wa...] - welcome!

A lot of members use this scale: https://www.amazon.com/AWS-Portable-Precision-Digital-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM?th=1  I've used it successfully for a couple of tapers.  It's a little finicky but you'll get the hang of it.  Be sure to use it on a stable, level surface in a room with little movement - activity in the room and drafts can affect accuracy.  

It helps to start by figuring out the average weight of a pill.  Weigh 10 pills and divide the total by 10 to get the average weight.  Remember, the weight of a pill will be more than the stated milligrams. This is because the pills have fillers and in some cases coatings.  So a 1mg tablet will weigh more than 1mg.

We typically suggest tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% every 14 days or longer depending on your symptoms.  We encourage doing a symptom based taper where you make adjustments based on your symptoms and how much your symptoms affect your ability to carry out the normal activities of daily living.  If you find your symptoms are hard to manage you would adjust by making smaller cuts and/or hold longer between cuts.  This is the best way we know of to keep symptoms to a minimum and function as well as possible during your taper and withdrawal. 

Please ask any questions you have and reach out for the support you need.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

Thank you for reaching out- my fuzzy brain is having trouble finding place to respond to posts.🥸

You're welcome:classic_smile: Have you figured it out yet?

[wa...]

I would like to thank the admin for sending the link for a scale but can’t figure out how.

On 30/05/2024 at 20:59, [[w...] said:

I would like to thank the admin for sending the link for a scale but can’t figure out how.

If you want to reply to a particular post, just click "Quote" underneath. 

You can also add your reaction to a post: click the white heart, lower right corner.

If you want to mention someone and get their response, click "Reply to this topic" and type @ and first letters of the user's name without QWERTY (space). You'll see a roll of names. Choose the one you need and click. Like @[wa...])