Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How long to hold at sub therapeutic doses

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Hello all the buddies just wanted to see if anybody had any advice on sub therapeutic levels of clonazepam how long to hold I’m currently at .08 mg. Any thoughts would be great. I definitely feel like I’m not getting any therapeutics at this point been holding for nine days getting some symptoms. All thoughts are much appreciated.

Edited by [Sw...]

[En...]
16 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hello all the buddies just wanted to see if anybody had any advice on sub therapeutic levels of clonazepam how long to hold I’m currently at .08 mg. Any thoughts would be great. I definitely feel like I’m not getting any therapeutics at this point been holding for nine days getting some symptoms. All thoughts are much appreciated.

My two cents. I dont move on my taper until I feel stable. I have been holding my current dose for 2 and a half weeks after making a bad mistake in my last taper. I say listen to your body not time. If you taper when you feel bad it will intensify. 

Just my two cents though 

• Like 1

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the encouragement. I currently am starting to stabilize as of last night so I’m thinking of giving it two days and I moved down to .07 mg taking a smaller cut this time then two more to get me .03mg and then jump or walk off yeah it’s been six months of hell from .5 mg K after only taking it for three months, what a joke drug

Edited by [Sw...]

[ji...]

I agree with the above comment to go slowly and only taper if you are feeling stable.   Congratulations for getting to a very low dose!    The end is in sight for you.    I am currently at .098 of k and will continue to go slowly until I walk off at a dose under .01.   

[Sw...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the info @[ji...]you guys have really helped me out. Glad to see you right behind me. Can’t wait to get off this crap and never take it again.

Edited by [Sw...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
19 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I currently am starting to stabilize as of last night so I’m thinking of giving it two days and I moved down to .07 mg taking a smaller cut this time then two more to get me .03mg and then jump or walk off yeah it’s been six months of hell from .5 mg K after only taking it for three months, what a joke drug

Short term gain for long term pain. This drug should be only used for one time use. It is legal meth. People are prescribed this drug and unknowingly become hooked. We have all been failed by our medical system. Betrayed by big pharma.

[Sw...]

Yeah, I almost feel like this drug should only be used in hospitals. Only allowed to be prescribed for less than two weeks beings that there are documented cases of dependency after nine days. It’s a crime of humanity.

• Like 2

[Li...]
16 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hello all the buddies just wanted to see if anybody had any advice on sub therapeutic levels of clonazepam how long to hold I’m currently at .08 mg. Any thoughts would be great. I definitely feel like I’m not getting any therapeutics at this point been holding for nine days getting some symptoms.

Hello @[Sw...].  Just because a drug is no longer having a therapeutic effect does not mean it is not having any effect at all.  For example, these drugs affect multiple receptors/neurotransmitters not just the primary targets.

• Like 1

[Sw...]

Thanks @[Li...]i’ll definitely keep that in mind for my next couple of cuts before I get off this crap

• Like 1

[Do...]
5 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hi,

I only took lorazepam for almost 3 months and i took me 3 whole months to go from 0.5mg lorazepam (after switching to diazepam) to 3.27mg diazepam wich is equal to 0.32mg of lorazepam and going through hell to be able to taper. At this point i am tapering for half the month and holding the other half. Getting so sensitive sometimes i can taper only 5 days and need to hold for 4-5 day cause going to acute WD again.

I envy you so much for being so close to jump from this poison.

I wish you the best.

[Sw...]

Hey @[Do...]thanks for the encouragement. Same to you. It’s just so crazy what benzos do to you. My taper has been hell never easy at any given point. It’s just been brute determination and will power by the grace of God. That I’ve made it this far. I’m making one cut to .07 and another cut to .05 and then my final cut .03 I wish you the best on your taper and to get your life back from this crappy ass drug that should not be prescribed to anyone as far as I’m concerned it literally is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me in my life and I’m a 55 year-old father of three and have colitis and I’ve been through five surgeries in the last year and a half this drug was still worse than all of those put together . Godspeed on your taper don’t give up don’t give in.

[Do...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

it literally is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me in my life

This is the most common phrase said by anyone who has been through this, including me and i am 50 and spent a year in the former yugoslavia's war.

I agree this is a silent torture crime legalized by most countries.

Edited by [Do...]