Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How to split dose please help

[An...]

I would like to split my dose to help me sleep better at night. I take my dose in the morning and end up staying up all night and sleeping in the morning till noon most days how do I split my dose I take 17.5 mgs per day 

[Ja...]

If your dose is lasting you 24 hour untill the next morning,.I think splitting it on the 12 hour mark shouldn’t cause to mutch of a issue,.it’s just trial and error an all,.I felt orite this morning and totally skipped my morning dose,.took it noon and like felt crap,.I duno if I’ll have to squeeze the morning dose back in today somewhere.

[An...]
1 minute ago, [[J...] said:

If your dose is lasting you 24 hour untill the next morning,.I think splitting it on the 12 hour mark shouldn’t cause to mutch of a issue,.it’s just trial and error an all,.I felt orite this morning and totally skipped my morning dose,.took it noon and like felt crap,.I duno if I’ll have to squeeze the morning dose back in today somewhere.

Yes this is what I’m scared of my dose is lasting 24 hours but when I cut for a couple of days at peak I am very sick till my next dose I think we just have to get this poison out of our system completely I wish there was a faster way 

[Ja...]

I was doing 12 hour intervals about a month ago and was going into to mutch withdrawal in between,.so split into 4 times a day,.but yea even that is backfiring the last few days with the dose making me feel like utter crap,

im better about 2 hr in between doses as it wears of,.it definitely feels like a poison now,.when I was taking it before the taper it was always in the day but I always had a coffee with it.and a night dose to sleep

now on the taper without the coffee and lower dose in just feels weird,.I was actually thinking about trying to get it up to 1nce a night so it don’t affect the day as mutch

but yea all trial and error with this crap bud

[An...]
On 27/05/2024 at 23:02, [[J...] said:

I was doing 12 hour intervals about a month ago and was going into to mutch withdrawal in between,.so split into 4 times a day,.but yea even that is backfiring the last few days with the dose making me feel like utter crap,

im better about 2 hr in between doses as it wears of,.it definitely feels like a poison now,.when I was taking it before the taper it was always in the day but I always had a coffee with it.and a night dose to sleep

now on the taper without the coffee and lower dose in just feels weird,.I was actually thinking about trying to get it up to 1nce a night so it don’t affect the day as mutch

but yea all trial and error with this crap bud

Do you find the coffee takes away the effects ? I have mine with a energy drink 

[Cr...]
57 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Do you find the coffee takes away the effects ? I have mine with a energy drink 

What are your main symptoms? If anxiety and trouble sleeping has become a problem you may want to slowly cut out caffeine and energy drinks.

While our bodies need b vitamins, many people in withdrawal find the doses in energy drinks (along with caffeine to be too stimulating.

As for splitting your dose. If you want to try splitting into 12 hours apart that may help. You may need to try it for a couple days to notice if things will improve or get worse.

Keep in mind that if your symptoms are not from interdose withdrawal and 100% from tolerance or tapering withdrawal you might not get much relief. 

However, having a nighttime dose may help you get some sleep which may improve your ability to tolerate this whole process better.