Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  473 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Please help. ¿Is this psychosis?.

[Lo...]

[Lo...]
Posted (edited)

Every morning I wake up with my mind racing, when I am in the bathroom thinking that I have to go to the back of my mother's house, this thought appears and interrupts my cognition "When I go to the back of my house, I will constantly feel watched by the neighbor", my mind keeps obsessing over that thought, there comes a time when I panic and my anxiety increases. Later, when I am with my mother sitting at the table, this thought appears: "When I leave, I am going to feel constantly watched and judged by my mother", that thought interrupts my cognition, it does not let me think clearly enough, it generates anxiety and panic. If I'm somewhere talking to a person, I can't concentrate on what I'm talking about because this thought appears and interrupts my cognition, "When I go to the back of my house, I'm going to feel constantly judged by the neighbor," it becomes a repetitive, circular, unwanted thinking. I want to clarify that this did not happen to me before taking benzos nor when I took them. ¿Is it really psychosis or do you think it is heightened anxiety due to paranoia?.

I clarify that in 4 days it will be 23 months since I stopped clonazepam suddenly. I took clonazepam for 4 years, the first 3 years I took 6 mg a day and the last year when I was never stabilized, I took between 1 mg and 2 mg.

I don't know how I went from taking 6 mg to 2 mg and 1 mg, I was a complete disaster with the doses. During those first 3 years on medication, I took Risperidone, Olanzapine, Carbamazepine, Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and many more, I don't remember the names. The psychiatrist gave me new pills for the same side effects of the pills I was taking. At the time, I didn't know that the side effects were due to the psychiatric drugs themselves.

Sorry if my English is bad, I am Argentine and I use the translator.

Edited by [Lo...]
  • Sad 1

[bw...]

No this is OCD . Intrusive thoughts. Very common. Pay them no mind.

• Like 2

[Lo...]
4 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

No, esto es TOC. Pensamientos intrusivos. Muy común. No les hagas caso.

Thank you very much for commenting. I have been told by several people on the forum who have been cured that it is OCD but I had the doubt if it was psychosis. These thoughts interrupt my "cognition" 24/7, I can't concentrate on anything, not even playing a video game because of these obsessive, repetitive, unwanted thoughts, believe me, these thoughts are scary. I guess over time, they should disappear and the brain doesn't think about them anymore.

• Like 1

[bw...]

They will eventually dissapear. Many people report extreme obsessional intrusive thoughts that will not go away. Many consistancing of horrible things. Violence. Questioning Reality. Hurting strangers etc etc. You get my point. The intrusive thoughts have no boundaries of terrible thoughts.

And they appear at the most random times. Its very very normal.

If you were psychotic you would not be questioning yourself.

Hang in there. It will pass. Just let the thoughts come into your mind and just tell yourself "whatever". Just try be at peace with them. But yes i know its distressing.

• Like 1

[Lo...]
2 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

Eventualmente desaparecerán. Muchas personas informan de pensamientos intrusivos, obsesivos y extremos que no desaparecen. Muchas combinaciones de cosas horribles. Violencia. Cuestionando la realidad. Lastimar a extraños, etc., etc. Entiendes mi punto. Los pensamientos intrusivos no tienen límites de pensamientos terribles.

Y aparecen en los momentos más aleatorios. Es muy muy normal.

Si fueras psicótico no te estarías cuestionando.

Cuelga ahí. Pasara. Simplemente deja que los pensamientos entren en tu mente y simplemente dite "lo que sea". Sólo intenta estar en paz con ellos. Pero sí, sé que es angustioso.

¿Could the cause of these thoughts be due to extreme anxiety? Before taking benzos, I didn't have anxiety or any mental problems. Since I stopped benzos, I have extreme anxiety that I can't even feel fresh air and breathe normally.

[bw...]
5 hours ago, [[L...] said:

¿Could the cause of these thoughts be due to extreme anxiety? Before taking benzos, I didn't have anxiety or any mental problems. Since I stopped benzos, I have extreme anxiety that I can't even feel fresh air and breathe normally.

5 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Yeah many report this after taking and or during taking benzos. Very common. Myself included.

• Like 1

@[Lo...] it's very common to have high anxiety, panic and other uncomfortable issues while on the benzo, while tapering and after stopping the drug.

However, this will come and go until it doesn't come back anymore. I would suggest eating well. Not drinking sodas or eating any processed foods as that makes it worse.

Mindfulness is a good way to beat the anxiety. Getting enough sleep is also important. I'll be praying for your full recovery.

Divi

• Like 1