Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

0.25mg clonazepam taper plan

[En...]
Posted (edited)

I am currently down to the last 0.25mg from 2mg original daily dose from February 2024. My last cut was Friday May 10th and  Monday May 13th both 0.125mg each. I got some pretty severe withdrawal symptoms for about a week such as hot body, headache,nightmares,  sore muscles, IBS symptoms including vomiting in the mornings and tinnitus. I still have body tremors especially in the hands and slight anxiety that is improving and tinnitus. I guess I can say I am lucky my symptoms aren't worse. 

I know this was a very large taper but I was feeling good during my taper until 0.25mg. I was going to go down 0.125mg this Friday if I felt good. That is a 50% cut. I was feeling good that I was almost off clonazepam but now i dont know if I should go 10% at a time from here? I bought scales from Amazon from 2 people who told me what they are using. I know my Dr was thinking I would be able to finish my taper by the end of June. I am noticing below 0.50mg is much harder than earlier tapers. Much more severe withdrawal symptoms. 

What do you think? I am looking for advice and a taper plan and when to jump. 

Edited by [En...]

[Ru...]

I think that cutting from .25 mg to .125 mg is too big of a cut. 

I consider myself one of the lucky ones as my taper has gone very well. I have everything you mention, with the exception of the vomiting. All of it has been very doable for me and I was able to continue on with the taper without holding. I cut an 1/8 every two week as long as I felt stable.

As of yesterday, I'm at .0625 mg.  Because my taper has gone well, my doctor feels I'll be ok to jump, but will leave it up to me. I expect there to be some discomfort after I jump, but praying for the best.

I hope others will chime in.

I hope things ease up for you.

• Like 1

[En...]
Posted (edited)
On 27/05/2024 at 09:58, [[R...] said:

I think that cutting from .25 mg to .125 mg is too big of a cut. 

I consider myself one of the lucky ones as my taper has gone very well. I have everything you mention, with the exception of the vomiting. All of it has been very doable for me and I was able to continue on with the taper without holding. I cut an 1/8 every two week as long as I felt stable.

As of yesterday, I'm at .0625 mg.  Because my taper has gone well, my doctor feels I'll be ok to jump, but will leave it up to me. I expect there to be some discomfort after I jump, but praying for the best.

I hope others will chime in.

I hope things ease up for you.

It was a horrible time but the physical symptoms seem to have got better other than some stomach issues. I still feel fatigue even though I am sleeping ok. I am eating better again. I have bought a scale and started to make each dose the same weights going forward. I believe i was not dosing right because every dose was a different weight at the smaller doses. One day I would be taking 0.090mg the next 0.073mg. That is not consistent. So I have every dose measured at 0.84mg. I will wait to stablize then move on. This website has helped me immensely. 

Edited by [En...]

[Ru...]
3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

It was a horrible time but the physical symptoms seem to have got better other than some stomach issues. I still feel fatigue even though I am sleeping ok. I am eating better again. I have bought a scale and started to make each dose the same weights going forward. I believe i was not dosing right because every dose was a different weight at the smaller doses. One day I would be taking 0.090mg the next 0.073mg. That is not consistent. So I have every dose measured at 0.84mg. I will wait to stablize then move on. This website has helped me immensely. 

I'm glad you are feeling better, but please, do not try and rush it.

The scale will help. I chose not to; I found cutting tedious and frustrating enough. I'll be happy when I don't have to do it anymore. 

My doses weren't and still are not equal, but it has not really affected me. At the beginning I tried to make sure they were exact and I became very frustrated. Someone said on this forum, I think, or maybe it was my doctor, not to obsess over being off a tiny bit because of the long half life. So I did the best I could when I'd cut. 

You'll get through this!

• Like 1

[En...]
25 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I'm glad you are feeling better, but please, do not try and rush it.

The scale will help. I chose not to; I found cutting tedious and frustrating enough. I'll be happy when I don't have to do it anymore. 

My doses weren't and still are not equal, but it has not really affected me. At the beginning I tried to make sure they were exact and I became very frustrated. Someone said on this forum, I think, or maybe it was my doctor, not to obsess over being off a tiny bit because of the long half life. So I did the best I could when I'd cut. 

You'll get through this!

I find I can make the cuts as close as possible. .001mg here and there is not a game changer. I am feeling better but not quite stable yet. I really screwed up on my last cut. I will get through this I have no choice but to get off this poison. I hope you are feeling well. This is torturous and inhuman. 

• Like 1

[Er...]

When I got down to where it was harder and harder to make the cuts, I started doing a microtaper by dissolving a quarter of a pill into milk (100 ml) and then each night removing one more ml of the milk before drinking it. I feel like it's potentially more of an even taper. Just something to consider when you get to the really small pill fragments/doses. 

• 1 month later...
[Sa...]
On 29/05/2024 at 15:59, [[E...] said:

When I got down to where it was harder and harder to make the cuts, I started doing a microtaper by dissolving a quarter of a pill into milk (100 ml) and then each night removing one more ml of the milk before drinking it. I feel like it's potentially more of an even taper. Just something to consider when you get to the really small pill fragments/doses. 

How do you do this? I’m at .25 and want to taper but don’t know what to do?!!

Hi, 

I found the instructions on this site via a you tube link. If you type "crazy canuk + benzodiazapines" you will find a quick how to.

Basically you dissolve a certain weight/dose into a certain volume of milk (For me it was 0.125 mg Klonopin into 100 cc milk).  I just drop the weighed portion of the pill into 100 cc of milk and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour and then stir or shake well. Then I use a syringe to remove some of the milk before I drink it, removing one additional cc every night. So, for example,  70 nights ago I started by drinking the entire 100 cc and now I'm down to drinking 30 cc, tomorrow will be 29 cc and so on. So I should be done in about a month if all goes well. So far this has been much smoother for me than the several months before, when I was doing more sudden drops every 10 days to 2 weeks. I am tolerating this better.

• Like 1