Important Survey - Please Participate ×

phenazepam cold turkey

[Be...]

Hello friends!  I have been taking phenazepam (Russian benzodiazepine) for 20 years.  1 mg per day.  5 days ago I took a tablet (1 mg).  There are no obvious signs of withdrawal syndrome yet.  I think cold turkey symptoms will begin soon.  I will be glad to hear your words of support.

• Like 1

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

you are dealing with a very potent benzo. i suggest caution and will leave this to more knowledgeable people to respond further  

a note   i ct with klonopin and noticed little until week 2

Edited by [Le...]
  • Like 1

[Be...]

Thanks for the answer. Have you been able to stop taking Klonopin?

[Le...]

yes but i dont reccommend how I managed it. i didnt actually know i was addicted to anything or what would happen. just taken off and ignored. not something i wish upon any person ever or even Trump. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

there are very knowledgeable people here and I really recommend listening to a few. 

[Be...]
Posted (edited)
Только что, [Le...] сказал:

здесь очень знающие люди, и я очень рекомендую послушать некоторых.

thanks!

Edited by [Be...]

[Le...]

Nice alphabet. I am an idiot as far as that goes though. 

[Be...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Nice alphabet. I am an idiot as far as that goes though. 

Sorry.  I accidentally wrote “thank you” in Cyrillic

[Li...]

@[Be...] I didn't get any withdrawal symptoms until 9 days off Valium.  It was a 24 day hospital detox.  I'm now 7 months off.

• Like 2

[Be...]
3 минуты назад, ЛизаН сказал:

@[Be...] У меня не было никаких симптомов абстиненции до 9-дневного перерыва на валиуме. Это была 24-дневная детоксикация в больнице. У меня сейчас отпуск 7 месяцев.

For how long did you take Valium?

14 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hello friends!  I have been taking phenazepam (Russian benzodiazepine) for 20 years.  1 mg per day.  5 days ago I took a tablet (1 mg).  There are no obvious signs of withdrawal syndrome yet.  I think cold turkey symptoms will begin soon.  I will be glad to hear your words of support.

@[Be...], hi!) Oh... My congratulations on being phenazepam free, really great! I'd be very much on my guard for, at least 2 weeks longer. By my experience, withdrawal can reach you any time till then. I do hope it's not your case but just in case. And whatever, first of all, don't be afraid, if you feel anything strange. Withdrawal symptoms can sometimes feel hard and unrelated but still they are just symptoms not a pathology.

I do hope you will do reasonably ok. Please, report here on your progress. Really Good Luck to you!🤞

6 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Kate said: "…По моему опыту, вывод средств может произойти в любое время до этого момента..."

You're always welcome:classic_smile:

I see the translating is sometimes a bit bizaar. Hope you manage to catch the right meaning, related to benzodiazepine withdrawing.

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Сегодня шестой день без фена. Прикрываюсь хлорпротиксеном и буспироном. Впрочем, у Эштон читал, что буспирон не эффективен как анксиолитик при отмене бензодиазепинов. Пока явных симптомов отмены нет. А Вы тоже с феназепама сходили? Сколько лет принимали? Лесенкой слезали?

"Today is the sixth day without phenazepam. I'm taking chlorprotixen and buspirone to cover wd symptoms. However, i've read in The Ashton Manual that buspirone is not effective while benzo withdrawing. So far, there are no obvious withdrawal symptoms. Have you also been off phenazepam? How many years have you been taking it? Did you taper off of it gradually?"

Guess this way is more understandable for other members)

@[Be...], i do hope everything will go smoothly for you and you won't feel benzo withdrawal symptoms that much. It's possible-+ but... Why didn't you reduce you benzo dosage gradually? It could have been safer. Anything weird so far? 

Certainly, I know "phen", the benzo you used, but i took others as well. All in all, i took benzodiazepines for about 10+ years, including all my previous experience.

Yes, i "climbed down a benzo ladder" for 6+ months.

Очень надеюсь, что ваc пронесет! Good luck!)

[Li...]
On 26/05/2024 at 18:16, [[B...] said:

For how long did you take Valium?

@[Be...] 26 years.  Almost destroyed my life 😑

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Thank you for your answer and words of support! Today was the tenth day without phenazepam.  A very strong anxiety began.  Paranoia.  I couldn't leave the house.  I couldn’t stand it and took 1 mg of phenazepam. Now I feel normal again. Now I plan to take 1 mg every 8-9 days.  I will increase the interval between doses gradually.  This will be my ladder

@[Be...], hi) That was only expectable. Nothing awful or irreversible, just a working moment of Trial and Error Method. 

I think the "ladder" (taper) you planning isn't the best idea. Sure you must stabilize first and then reduce your dose steadily. If you've been taking "phen" daily, it'd be much better to go on with your daily use, reducing 5-10% every 2-3 weeks. This method seems the best because the less changes we have, the better for our nervous system to readjust to the reduction. Unfortunately, quitting benzodiazepines isn't that easy for most of us and we often have no choice but be patient&determined. The withdrawal can feel most unpleasant up to unbearable, and yet it's not dangerous. Especially if you gradually and evenly go down the "ladder" - reduce your benzo dosage.

Я правда уверена, что так лучше всего. 

I do believe you'll manage it, really. Pls, don't disappear and hang in here! 

• 2 weeks later...

@[Be...], i feel a bit doubtful about your way of withdrawing, especially about making interdose intervals larger. I'd, at least, keep them the same 10 days but reduce the dose by 10% -+ each time. It must help to maintain a constant benzo concentration level in your blood and make your reduction steady. It's very important in case you've developed physical dependency. Your body will say thank you for it. Just my thoughts based on my experience and what i've learned. But you can never tell with benzo... I'm ready to believe in any miracle as long as it helps. Чего только не бывает)

Really glad you feel ok! Wish you keeping the same way!)