Important Survey - Please Participate ×

OCD ruminations and thoughts

[Lo...]

Do we really go back to being able to rationalise situations when we’re better , I mean my brain blows everything into a catastrophic state , I bounce from one situation to the next and every one I feel I’ll never recover from this situation I’m going to be plagued with this for the rest of my life it’s awful , please tell me this is not true? 

[or...]

My brain is like that as well, and I remember me a much different person.  How much of all that is the benzo, or just the "school of hard knocks" which so many have gone to and not even graduated.

I think acceptance can be at least a temporary "fix" but I know I'm not able to be accepting of my situation every single day.  Life keeps happening and my coping-skills seem to get worse, at least right now.  I make poor choices, or see them as poor.  Two huge choices I made lately were getting a puppy of all things, and then accepting a move to a new apartment.

It's almost like if things are going good, I have to mess them up.  It's really like I can't adapt to anything too normal.  I guess a shrink would have a picnic with me, either that or they'd pull their own hair out while trying, oregonlady :hug:

[Lo...]

I make terrible decisions too right now , or my mind is blowing everything up to be catastrophic not sure which way round it is 😞 

so hard to live with