Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help

[An...]

I am tapering diazepam, I started tapering 75mgs July 2023-now may2024 currently taking 12.5mgs. I cut 1.25mgs 10 days ago. The intrusive thoughts are killing and eating away at me, I can’t eat I can’t sleep I’m anxious I slept 5 hours in 2 days: I’ve tried taking sleeping tablets they almost feel like pyscostic episodes thoughts of someone hacking my gmail it would be a disaster I closed my gmail deleted it completely can ruin my whole life and career had no 2Fa and a light password at the time pls help is this withdrawal 

[Ja...]

I thought about this today after an intrusive thought again,when you split from an ex and you have to move on/you make yourself not think about it and move on.

you have got to do that with the intrusive thoughts,.Don’t let your mind run wild,.Own it with a fck u and distract/keep busy,.each and every time.

your head can get caught in loops of the same thought if you don’t try distract yourself 

• Love 1

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I am tapering diazepam, I started tapering 75mgs July 2023-now may2024 currently taking 12.5mgs. I cut 1.25mgs 10 days ago. The intrusive thoughts are killing and eating away at me, I can’t eat I can’t sleep I’m anxious I slept 5 hours in 2 days: I’ve tried taking sleeping tablets they almost feel like pyscostic episodes thoughts of someone hacking my gmail it would be a disaster I closed my gmail deleted it completely can ruin my whole life and career had no 2Fa and a light password at the time pls help is this withdrawal 

Sleeping only 5 hours in 2 days will make everything in your life feel overwhelming and cause you to think irrational thoughts.

Your intrusive thoughts are going to come and go as they please. While deep in withdrawal you have little control over that. What you do have control over is how you react to them.

In a state of heightened anxiety, your brain is trying to determine what the source of your anxiety is (it doesn't understand benzo withdrawal). It will show you a slide show of your worst fears and thoughts until you give a strong reaction to some of them. Once you give a strong reaction, the brain believes it has found the source of your anxiety and will keep this thought, or thoughts, at the forefront of your mind in an effort to get you to find a solution to this thought. Your brain thinks it is helping you.

The brain doesn't care how irrational the thought is (fear of sun blowing up, imment death) it only notices that you give it a strong reaction so it thinks it is important enough to keep pulling your attention towards it. The less you react to these thoughts the more likely the brain is to find them unimportant and file them away in the trashbin in its database.

Trying to replace these thoughts with positive thoughts is almost the same as fighting them. It still means you are giving them attention. I know its hard when you feel awful, but accept that these thoughts are just projections from an overprotective brain. When that scary thought pops up, try employing some humor "Oh hey thought #2, welcome back to my brain, please enjoy your stay and don't forget to tip"

Our thoughts are like a body of water. Fighting them is like flailing your arms until you get tired and sink into them. Accepting them is like calmly floating on top of them on your back. The water (thoughts) is there, how will you react to it?

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[An...]
17 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Sleeping only 5 hours in 2 days will make everything in your life feel overwhelming and cause you to think irrational thoughts.

Your intrusive thoughts are going to come and go as they please. While deep in withdrawal you have little control over that. What you do have control over is how you react to them.

In a state of heightened anxiety, your brain is trying to determine what the source of your anxiety is (it doesn't understand benzo withdrawal). It will show you a slide show of your worst fears and thoughts until you give a strong reaction to some of them. Once you give a strong reaction, the brain believes it has found the source of your anxiety and will keep this thought, or thoughts, at the forefront of your mind in an effort to get you to find a solution to this thought. Your brain thinks it is helping you.

The brain doesn't care how irrational the thought is (fear of sun blowing up, imment death) it only notices that you give it a strong reaction so it thinks it is important enough to keep pulling your attention towards it. The less you react to these thoughts the more likely the brain is to find them unimportant and file them away in the trashbin in its database.

Trying to replace these thoughts with positive thoughts is almost the same as fighting them. It still means you are giving them attention. I know its hard when you feel awful, but accept that these thoughts are just projections from an overprotective brain. When that scary thought pops up, try employing some humor "Oh hey thought #2, welcome back to my brain, please enjoy your stay and don't forget to tip"

Our thoughts are like a body of water. Fighting them is like flailing your arms until you get tired and sink into them. Accepting them is like calmly floating on top of them on your back. The water (thoughts) is there, how will you react to it?

Woah you nailed it in like everything your saying is so real it’s exactly my thoughts I’m trying to find a solution and find answers to fix the worst case scenario 😐😐 wow I’m going to try and distract myself with a show or trick my brain into finding a solution 🙃🙃😂😂 thank you 🫶🫶 

[An...]
17 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I thought about this today after an intrusive thought again,when you split from an ex and you have to move on/you make yourself not think about it and move on.

you have got to do that with the intrusive thoughts,.Don’t let your mind run wild,.Own it with a fck u and distract/keep busy,.each and every time.

your head can get caught in loops of the same thought if you don’t try distract yourself 

It’s such a scary lonely place to be