Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Blood test,kidney levels a bit elevated,peeing a lot

[Ja...]

Anybody experience anything like this while tapering at all,the whites of my eyes and skin are a bit of to,

I got tested as I had back pain as well,.the doc asked if I’d been doing anything different,.but only tapering no drink or anything 

[jo...]

When I'm anxious I definitely pee more. I've read stories of people who when in acute and suffering the worst of their anxiety pretty much camped out in their bathrooms because they were peeing that much.

[Ja...]

Jonwill I was kinda thinking that bud as it’s more n the mornings or a bad sleeping night,.mad how my kidney marker was a bit high though,might be just the Valium itself though,.I also read an article that withdrawal can cause toxins to,.god knows man

[jo...]

Yeah it's a funny one. Someone explained it to me that its a fight or flight thing. Apparentley animals pee a lot when their scared or being chased by a predator etc. Kind of makes sense I suppose. It's just were not scared because we're being chased by an animal. We're scared because some pills screwed our brains up.

• Like 2

[Cr...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it's a funny one. Someone explained it to me that its a fight or flight thing. Apparentley animals pee a lot when their scared or being chased by a predator etc. Kind of makes sense I suppose. It's just were not scared because we're being chased by an animal. We're scared because some pills screwed our brains up.

Yeah. When in fight or flight the body wants to evacuate the bladder and bowels asap. Digestion is not as important as surviving what the brain perceives as an imminent threat. The less filled up with fluids and food your body is, the quicker it can run and escape from danger. 

You can blame those sabertooth tigers from our past for having our bodies genetically code this annoying fight of flight response into our dna. Benzo withdrawal symptoms have become the new tiger, along with modern issues like deadlines, politics, and overstimulation.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[Ja...]

It’s a pissing pain in the arse it is,I’m waking half the house up to lol

• Like 1

[Cr...]
14 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

It’s a pissing pain in the arse it is,I’m waking half the house up to lol

I had to re-read that. I was gonna question how you got 'pissing pain' in your arse, but alas it was a euphemism and not literal. :o

[Ca...]

Definitely the excess peeing is caused by the adrenaline from the withdrawal. Just drink more water to replace it. My labs have been all over the place, also. I have given up worrying about it. An NP told me that the lab shows just that one moment in time and when things are slightly off she says not to worry. She's also a benzo survivor. You can always ask for a repeat in 6 months.

[En...]
On 23/05/2024 at 13:22, [[J...] said:

Anybody experience anything like this while tapering at all,the whites of my eyes and skin are a bit of to,

I got tested as I had back pain as well,.the doc asked if I’d been doing anything different,.but only tapering no drink or anything 

Yes I was anxious yesterday and peed every 10mins it seemed. I think frequent urination is a symptom.