Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Stomach Issues

[PE...]

I have been having stomach problems on and off for sometime now. I had a colonoscopy in 2022 where nothing wrong was found. In 2022 I had a Pelvic and abdominal CT scan again everything was normal. I have lots of blood test and other test and they have all been fine. My Doctor says my digestive issues are due to IBS caused by anxiety and have nothing to do with me taking Benzos for 26 years. Could the digestive issues be due to tolerance withdrawal? At the moment I am getting loose stools around 5am intermittently where I need the toilet urgently, I also get cramping and bloating.

Has anyone else experienced similar digestive issues. Any advice and help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

[Re...]

Hello @[PE...],

I was suffering from the same effects of tolerance back in 2018. I lost a lost a lot of weight, had Gerd, abdominal cramps, along with "urgent" diarrhea every morning and flatulence. 

It does happen to people in tolerance.

My tolerance symptoms worsened when the dose was raised from alprazolam and when clonazepam was added. Have you had a change in dose recently or change in medication? 

• Love 1

[Ma...]

Gut issues are global, IMO. Some find probiotics helpful. jenswanphd (YouTube) suggested Smidge-you can google it-as some of them can cause issues.

• Love 1

[PE...]

Hi Reuben

Many thanks for the reply. Your situation does sound very similar to mine. I suffer from very bad nightmares and I wonder if these are making matters worse. I haven't changed my dose or meds. I guess it's looking like tolerance withdrawal.

[PE...]

Hello Mary, 

Thanks for you help. I have tired a probiotic which didn't do much. Peppermint tea seems to have helped to settle my stomach a bit. I seem to get attacks of digestive problems for short periods. I think it has gone but then returns.

[Ma...]

I used Kefir, a natural antibiotic and probiotic, last summer and it worked wonders for me. You might want to try that (grocery stores).

• Love 1