Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

about me

[Sh...]

I have been taking Xanax for many years and I'd like to get off but I heard about the withdrawal symptoms?

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, Shane.

I'm glad you have found us before stopping the Xanax.  Many people do have a variety of withdrawal symptoms when they are coming off a benzo though going slowly can help minimize them.  If you tell us a bit more about your history with Xanax and how much you are taking, maybe we can help you come up with a plan to get off them.  In the meantime, you can find out a lot about benzos and withdrawal symptoms in The Ashton Manual here:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Hi Shane, welcome to BenzoBuddies

Hopefully you won't have a problem coming of xanax, many people have tapered off without a lot of symptoms. There are other buddies here that are tapering xanax as well so you're not alone. How much xanax are you taking? please ask any questions you have, we're here for you.

Star

sup bro, i know it might sound crazy but you and i signed up to this forum for the same exact reason. even though i was 5 mins off it took me about 5 minutes to write my introduction thing. its finally time bro we can do this...