Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can Someone Explain Windows and Waves

So a window is when you don't feel perfect but you feel better than you have a in a while.  It closes and then you get a wave that makes you feel like you are back to square one...worse than ever.  And then?  Do you usually feel better than before the wave or worse?

I know everyone is different but I hear people talking about windows at 3 months and I haven't even come close...maybe 60-70% for 20 minutes or so.  My symptoms are morphing so things come and go in severity but overall the severity is much worse than during my taper.  Perfectly normal I know, but it would help to understand better how this works for most folks

Hi Mary!

For me it was like the fog lifted.I still have my sxs just not as bad ,And my windows didnt last long started around 7pm and I could have swared I was healeing! Id be like Omg I feel better! Then wake up to even more hell! So my windows were just glimpses of the old me! Also I only got a window like ever 3 weeks for like 4 hrs.Then waves constint all the way to month 7!

Love ya ~Jenny

Thanks for responding Jenny...so blessed by your commitment here.  Very helpful as always...hope to connect soon dear and hope you had a fabulous 4th!

You are most loved!

Mary