Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Anyone else have issues with lyme/mold idea

[Fo...]

[Fo...]
Posted (edited)

This gets pushed alot,  can't the nerve issues be from the drug damage alone and nothing to do with either? I still have nerve issues, neuralgia I never had before.  Is it possible to not be some other underlying disease like lyme? People constantly say this and it is irritating to me. Many believe this isn't from the drug at all,  and that lyme treatment will help or mold treatment.  They say it was such assurance.

Edited by [Fo...]

[Gi...]
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

This gets pushed alot,  can't the nerve issues be from the drug damage alone and nothing to do with either? I still have nerve issues, neuralgia I never had before.  Is it possible to not be some other underlying disease like lyme? People constantly say this and it is irritating to me. Many believe this isn't from the drug at all,  and that lyme treatment will help or mold treatment.  They say it was such assurance.

You can do a blood test to check if you have Lyme but unless you were bitten by a tick it is highly unlikely you have this.

As for mold toxicity, you could check the environment where you live such as window ledges, corners etc.

Essentially, we all live and thrive with a degree of mould. Mould is everywhere, unless you are consistently exposed to a substantial amount of mould because you are deep cleaning or scraping a surface, I wouldn’t worry about this either.

Nerve pain is a typical withdrawal symptom that improves in time. I have it too in my hands and feet. 

Edited by [Gi...]
  • Like 1

[Fo...]
13 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

You can do a blood test to check if you have Lyme but unless you were bitten by a tick it is highly unlikely you have this.

As for mold toxicity, you could check the environment where you live such as window ledges, corners etc.

Essentially, we all live and thrive with a degree of mould. Mould is everywhere, unless you are consistently exposed to a substantial amount of mould because you are deep cleaning or scraping a surface, I wouldn’t worry about this either.

Nerve pain is a typical withdrawal symptom that improves in time. I have it too in my hands and feet. 

I had many bites as a kid with no acute illness from them, so I assumed that it wouldn't just lay dormant then pop out, but that's what all the docs are saying even about long covid, being lyme and mold .... its just stressful wondering what is what.  I've done it for so long. My western blot was negative then you have people say that isn't good enough. Blah blah blah. I feel as though it isn't some big mystery, if you quit the drugs and then you had the issue it's probably the damage. That's what I try to keep telling myself. Idk if that makes me stupid. 

[Gi...]
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

I had many bites as a kid with no acute illness from them, so I assumed that it wouldn't just lay dormant then pop out, but that's what all the docs are saying even about long covid, being lyme and mold .... its just stressful wondering what is what.  I've done it for so long. My western blot was negative then you have people say that isn't good enough. Blah blah blah. I feel as though it isn't some big mystery, if you quit the drugs and then you had the issue it's probably the damage. That's what I try to keep telling myself. Idk if that makes me stupid. 

You could just do the blood test for peace of mind however I’m 99% sure your symptoms are withdrawal related actually add the 1% to make 100. 

Edited by [Gi...]
  • Like 1