Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Burning skin anyone?

[wh...]

[wh...]

Hello,

Can someone please share if you've had or are presently experiencing a strong itch or burning skin

Much appreciated

[Ma...]

Many do. Rotating ice packs and Tylenol helped me.

• Like 1

[zi...]

This was one of my worst symptoms. I could not stand anything rough touching my skin, all material had to be soft, no seams, no starch and definitely no heat! It did finally improve but I am still sometimes bothered by heat/sweat/friction. I just try to avoid it. Keeping the skin moist with a good unscented lotion can help some too. 

• Like 2

[li...]

This too was one tough symptom I dealt with. It would bring me to tears it was so painfully difficult. This lasted my first 2 years. Now at 4 years I rarely ever feel anything even minutely close to that awful first 2 years of burning....

• Like 2

[Su...]

The first time I dealt with this physical symptom was exactly one month ago when I had a small patch of skin on my left thigh that was burning.  I completely forgot it could have been a benzo symptom and kept asking loved ones if they ever experienced this uncomfortable burning of skin, granted it was not nearly as disabling and painful as what you and so many other’s experience, but it was annoying and has since gone, goes to show you how healing is so uneven and you can get a new symptom this far out.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[wh...]

Thank you all for sharing

I'm going on 9.5 years since CT and this crazeee itch just started out of the blue.

Actually, a new type of itch. It starts off as an itch, I scratch and then it burns.

Holy crap does it ever !

I've had the " itch " on and off for years, but it was always on my legs. Now it's head to toe.

This started about 2 months ago and the burning sensations, I had not experienced before. 

I've tried creams and lotions and I've also tried cutting out foods that could be causing the itch, but to no avail.

Sound familiar?