Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Klonopin Taper-Morning or Evening Dose

Hi t2, I just reduced down to .125 recently and I take it at night.  For me, I can't sleep w out it and then not as tired as I would be ifi took it during the day. hope you enjoy your day off today.  I'm taking it slow.  :)

With an intermediate half-life drug like Klonopin, it's especially important to keep your doses as consistent as possible for even blood levels. I think it's better to taper them both at once, or if that's impossible due to your cutting method, make a cut in one, then a cut in the other.

Which one first doesn't really matter, everyone is different, but generally if anxiety is more of a problem the evening is better to cut or if insomnia is more of a problem then the morning is better to cut.

T2 - my anxiety was worse in the morning so I cut night first and then morning.  Last dose was all morning.  You may see some intradose w/d as you get lower although mitigated somewhat by longer half life of K.  I don't think it really mattered to me once I got below 0.375mg.  Best, Bill