Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help withvalium

how long does it take for valium after taking it to at least help some of the anxiety?  I'm on 1 mg. but afraid to completely jump.  I still get awful side effects.  Been constipated and sleep is bad.  I went back on taking the ambien and now its doing nothing.  I was going to start remeron .15 tonight so i could hopefully get some sleep. I dont know if i should just start the remeron and drop the valium and ambien.  I'm getting desperate.  aura

The remeron will definitely help you sleep (just try not to increase the dose if possible) its an SNRI so its not a Benzo. Maybe skip the ambien for tonight (like you said its doing nothing anyway) For me Valium doesnt really relieve anxiety that much. I think that its just feeding the "benzo brain".

It seems like you really want to stop the valium but are unsure, try cutting to 1/2 mg for one day and see what happens.let us know how it works out.

good luck