Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Remedies for nausea and chest tightness?

[Ne...]

Has anyone found anything to help with major nausea and chest tightness?  It really makes it difficult to eat or function.  I have ginger chews and take IBGard to curb bowels, but it doesn’t help half the time.  Looking into homeopathic options now as I can’t mix anti-acids with IBGard.  Thanks in advance!

[PE...]

Hi.

When I got nassua the only thing helped a little was raw ginger. I got the same nassua medicine as ppl on chemo but it didn't help.

Mouthful pieces of ginger and swallowed with water.

I'm 7 months out and it disappeared month 3 i think.

[Le...]

i ground up all for for about 6 months and forced myself to drink it. lost 80lb before that cause of nausea. 

the chest tightness is relieved by light cardio. i was such a mess but using elliptical often to relieve it. at start i only managed 2 min 5mph. i got up to 4mi in 25 mins after a few months. collapsing or blacking out at times but it helped. still wasnt sleeping. 

i did it through that. you can try. 

only my strong belief got me through it. my atheism is so strong I kept thinking this is all I have. no matter how bad it gets there is no rational reason to give up. 

• Like 1

[Le...]
Posted (edited)

vega greens and protein mix and fiber added before chugging helped me keep some food inside. 

Edited by [Le...]
spelling

[PE...]
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, [[L...] said:

i ground up all for for about 6 months and forced myself to drink it. lost 80lb before that cause of nausea. 

the chest tightness is relieved by light cardio. i was such a mess but using elliptical often to relieve it. at start i only managed 2 min 5mph. i got up to 4mi in 25 mins after a few months. collapsing or blacking out at times but it helped. still wasnt sleeping. 

i did it through that. you can try. 

only my strong belief got me through it. my atheism is so strong I kept thinking this is all I have. no matter how bad it gets there is no rational reason to give up. 

Lol that about your atheism made me laugh. And you turned it in to something positive. 

😊

Edited by [PE...]

[so...]

See your md , ask for zofran orally disintegrating tablets . Usually 4 mg 2-3 times daily will work well . If needed you can increase to 8 mg . keep it handy , it comes in blister packs … can use ginger with that too . I just  tapered clonazepam  from 3 mg to 1 mg over about 9 months and the nausea was bothering me last month or so . Those helped . I’m betting the chest tightness is anxiety . I have that here and there . hoping one day it passes naturally . Hang in there . lemme know if those help you . Be well . 

[Le...]
3 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Lol that about your atheism made me laugh. And you turned it in to something positive. 

😊

I think strong beliefs are what is important. Very useful. 😀

[Le...]
42 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I think strong beliefs are what is important. Very useful. 😀

I am not really an Atheist either. There is a subtle difference and it is more a word for people who lost religion. I never was tempted. Mine is the natural state having never accepted or created a god. 

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I am not really an Atheist either. There is a subtle difference and it is more a word for people who lost religion. I never was tempted. Mine is the natural state having never accepted or created a god. 

Ohhh this is deep. I belive in a creator but don't buy the bible. So I'm not a atheist per definition 

[Ma...]

Kefir is a probiotic and natural antibiotic. It completely healed my gut including nausea.

Breathing exercises helps my chest tightness, in addition to exercise as someone mentioned. First thing in the morning take deep breaths and blow the air out from your lungs vigorously (if you can) through an open mouth. You accumulate carbon dioxide while sleeping. That will clear your lungs and expand your chest & airways.