Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Head Pressure Symptom

[To...]

I know that this topic doesn't fit the different forums so I didn't know where to post it. I think that my worst symptom is my head pressure, jaw tightness, and facial sensations. I'm asking if anyone has found ways to reduce, eliminate or cope with these debilitating symptoms? Thank you.

[pa...]

Hi , what kind of facial sensations do you have? I have very bad pain in my face and in my head nerve pains,tintlings, and also very much pressure in face and head, also the jaws are thight ,have spasm in my face and head and neck.

very sensitive for sound and light ,I can't get out the house were there are a lot of people ,then I start feeling very sick for hours .I do a lot of mindfulness when i feel so bad in my head and face,I put a hot sack on my face that gives some relieve, also i take topiramate .what do you do.

Take care 

[Br...]

Hello @[pa...] - welcome to BenzoBuddies!  

We're glad you found us!  You'll find lots of good information here and support - this is a community that understands what this process is like.  

Please reach out for support and let us know how we can help you.

Brighterday

[Co...]
On 01/05/2024 at 02:25, [[T...] said:

I know that this topic doesn't fit the different forums so I didn't know where to post it. I think that my worst symptom is my head pressure, jaw tightness, and facial sensations. I'm asking if anyone has found ways to reduce, eliminate or cope with these debilitating symptoms? Thank you.

Hi @[To...]

I know I suffered from a myriad of strange sensations during withdrawal and beyond. It went of for for some considerable time, but it was so long ago, I cannot be precise about it anymore.

What I can tell you is that these symptoms did eventually settle down and disappear. And you will find many other members have reported similarly.

It was 20 years ago for - I do not recall if any management strategies helped me or not. But this was before I investigated my symptoms on the Net, so I did not have the benefit of input from others who had already gone through this. Perhaps some other members here will have some suggestions for you. But time worked for me.

(I have just read your History in your profile.) I suggest that you talk with your psychiatrist about your difficulties, explain that although you are keen to progress your taper, your are experiencing very difficult withdrawal symptoms (particularly since increasing the taper rate) and that you like to slow it down again so that you can function better during the withdrawal process.

And a more positive note, at least your psychiatrist is at least aware that your temazepam must be tapered off gradually. I see that you are taking (or were taking) 15mg/day. What dose capsules do you use? What dose are you taking now?

[...]
On 01/05/2024 at 03:25, [[T...] said:

Hi, @[To...], i've had lots of head symptoms since being in tolerance and they are sure my worst, unbearable in the past, issue. Nothing ever helped but time and being consistent in my treatment. I mean trying to jump from medication to medication made everything worse. What is left now is exactly head pressure, including jaw tightness. I guess it's smth to do with neck&head muscles. Sometimes i hear them cracking slightly and feel relieved. I do some stretching and massage my head with a special brush. It somehow helps but time helps better bc what is left can't be compared to what i had half a year- 3 years ago. I do hope you will manage to find a quicker solution but, anyway, it must get better in the end. Good luck to you!)

[Rh...]

hi!  I’m 10 months off and I suffer from severe head pressure, migraines and headaches, ear pressure, eye pain and pressure and neck/shoulder pain.  The head/brain symptoms have been my longest lasting and most debilitating symptom.

The things I’ve found to “help” are hot baths or showers, Tylenol or Advil (but I use very sparingly), light massage, resting, low histamine diet (hasn’t been a huge help, but a little help), distraction, deep breathing, and trying to slow down and rest.

Unfortunately I am unwilling to add or try any prescription meds as I had a horrible reaction to a migraine med (Ubrevly) that set me back into an acute state.  I think time will be the truest healer, but it’s difficult to remain positive and hopeful when in a high level of daily pain.

[jo...]
Posted (edited)

I have some of this but it comes and goes at the moment my symptoms can be quite erratic. Do you get any relife mabey late at night windows etc. I know some people on here say coffee helps them with migranes if you can tolorate it. I know some cant. I remember @PEPE saying in a post that he as multiple cups in the morning and it helps him quite a lot. I'm to worried to try it at the moment as anxiety is on of my worst symptoms and it ramped up last time I drank it.

Edited by [jo...]

[Le...]

i have lots of success with muscle stretching. didnt figure it out earlier on so i cant be certain it helps sort out messed up muscles while the tension is still there.