Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

xanax to valium?

[8n...]

So I'm on .5 mg xanax daily. Hopefully that's enough to stabilize on as my dosage has jumped around a lot lately. After stabilization thinking of switching to valium to decrease interdose withdrawals. Then start tapering the valium. Need help with the substitution from xanax to valium as far as dosage goes and also if its a good plan?

Have you found a Dr who is willing to cross you to Valium, they're not too easy to find in the US.  The equivalency table we use would put you at 10 mgs of Valium, you'd cross over to 5 mgs of Valium while taking .25 mgs of Xanax for a week or so, then graduate to 10 mgs of Valium, stabilize and start your taper from there.  You could taper 1 mg of Valium every week or two after that.

As soon as I get the money for the visit ill talk to my Dr. Hope it works cause last time he wanted to refer me to a psych.

O.K. Here we go. Im finally ready. I went to the doc and told him about the bb suggested taper plan. He said he didnt like giving young adults valium but did agree to the klonopin. I am currently on .5mg xanax daily (.25 around noon and .25 at night). The doc gave me 49 klonopins @ .5mg ea. I have 10.5 xanax .5's left and thats prob all i can get, my doc wont give two benzos. So I need a substitution plan to crossover to klonopin and a taper plan with the remaining klonopins. I know the dosage wont be ideal, but this may be all i have to work with. I'm ready to start this taper A.S.A.P. :D:yippee: :'(