Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Binf

[Ri...]

[Ri...]

Can certain medication like drugs for infection trigger benzo affects lingering after years of being benzo free

[Bu...]

Hello @[Ri...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Certain antibiotics such as those in the Fluoroquinolone drug class are dangerous to people who are taking or have taken benzodiazepines.  I personally don't know the time line for how long after a person stops taking a benzo that this would still be an issue.  Most of us just tend to stay away from the drug class indefinitely.  I'm certain that other members of our community who are more knowledgeable in this area will chime in soon.

Many people also seem to become very sensitive to medications in general after taking a benzo.  I am in this boat myself.  I have to be very careful with any new medication. 

Can I ask a little about your history?  What benzo you were taking, for how long and how long you've been off of it?

I'm glad you found us and we'll do our best to help you.

[Ri...]

Took Ativan for panic for 15 years. Switch to klonipin.  Been off two years 

[Bu...]

@[Ri...],

Congratulations on being off for two years, that's quite an accomplishment!  Is there a medication in particular or a current situation that you are concerned about?