Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Titration or not?

[mi...]

Is titration necessary? I mean can just a final small dose be taken instead? Reason I ask is because my doctor has me crossing over to Librium and it only comes in the form of capsules. Right now I am in good stable condition considering what I went through in detox. Crossing over has been going really good. What is the worse thing that can happen if I don't do the titration? Can Librium capsules even be titrated? Thank you for any answers you can offer.

You're probably getting ahead of yourself here and causing extra anxiety about your Librium capsules, you've got quite a bit of time before you'll need to cross this bridge.  Librium can be titrated, titration is just adding your pill to liquid and reducing your dose that way, it's not a big deal.  If you're set against it though, I'm sure you can find another way to do it.  You could possibly weigh your capsule contents on a scale and divide them that way, or eyeball little piles you can make out of each dose.  There are lots of ways to get this done, no worries, okay?

I know, I have a ways to go and should wait until that day gets here. Curiosity got to me.  I am open to all options that will work. Thank you for the information.

We tend to obsess about this whole process, we want everything planned out and our lives orderly, we're desperate for even a hint of normalcy, but its always is just beyond our grasp.  Spend some time looking around, not many here taper Librium, but a few have done Temazepam, that also comes in capsules, hopefully you'll find some stories you can learn from.