Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

How does it feel coming out of a setback ?

[Ya...]

Hey all , 

I just want to ask all success stories or those with positive feedback to give on how does it feel coming out of a setback? 

Setback for me started in Dec 2024 , prior I thought I was over benzo 

• Month 1-3 : Severe mental symptoms (Extreme sadness, anxiety, relentless panic attacks 3 to 4 times a day, fear of mind, fear of panic, Dr, intrusive thoughts, zero appetite, weightloss, anxiety after eating anything 
  • Month 4-5 : Anxiety there specially morning and early evening, less sadness, panic once a day, tried DNRS so trying to abrupt it, not so phobic anymore around panic like i was last month, increased appetite, can distract for a few minutes etc but with still food sensitivities 

Has anyone experienced setbacks and is coming out of it or has come out of it and share your positive experience? 

[Ma...]

I’m coming out of 1 after dental surgery end of February. I’m still very challenged, but I am no long taking Tylenol 4 times/day, am not in bed 24/7, don’t feel like I am going into a terrifying coma-abyss when going to sleep; my appetite has leveled out. I am able to do more around my home, even if I feel like a robot and I have more hope too!

I’m also, however, trying to push myself out of it by forcing 10,000 + steps/day and when I hit that ‘wall’, I take a left or right instead of turning around and running home.

I have also been able to do things with a friend these past 2 Saturdays for the 1st time-even though I feel fairly out of it and definitely not myself-but I’ve shown up!

If you felt healed prior, hopefully that will return in a hurry!! And stick!!!!

• Like 1

[Ya...]
12 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I’m coming out of 1 after dental surgery end of February. I’m still very challenged, but I am no long taking Tylenol 4 times/day, am not in bed 24/7, don’t feel like I am going into a terrifying coma-abyss when going to sleep; my appetite has leveled out. I am able to do more around my home, even if I feel like a robot and I have more hope too!

I’m also, however, trying to push myself out of it by forcing 10,000 + steps/day and when I hit that ‘wall’, I take a left or right instead of turning around and running home.

I have also been able to do things with a friend these past 2 Saturdays for the 1st time-even though I feel fairly out of it and definitely not myself-but I’ve shown up!

If you felt healed prior, hopefully that will return in a hurry!! And stick!!!!

Yes !! Iam happy for you, how is your experience with anxiety? food sensitivities? pani?

[Ma...]

It’s not anxiety as much as it’s a full body response to any stress. My chest fills up like a helium balloon and I feel like I am going to stroke out, but it eventually passes. And I get disoriented and stupid.

My brain isn’t braining but it hasn’t had a lot of experience doing so these last 2 years so I am trying to do more-very limited-things to re-train.

I’ve been making fruit smoothies every morning since last fall and last week you’d think I had been injected with full strength adrenaline. I couldn’t believe it, but that seems to have passed too.

Stupid benzos really affect just every aspect, every cell in you body.

Yesterday my friend commented that we’re declining each year. I said, speak for yourself as everything in my body is regenerating! Ha!