Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 weeks out today

so do i feel better? not sure

I did sleep well last night, but that was after only 2 hours on saturday night so I was pretty burned out

this morning had terrible anxiety, (10 out of 10) but now ts 4:00 and i'm more like 5 out of 10...

I keep reading about this shit on the internet (is that really helping or making things worse?)

My wife and my doctor dont think I was ever even addicted, or at least not severely...that half of this is in my head?  maybe...

I only used intermittantly, (check my signature) are there different severities of addiction? 

I think I could handle the anxiety if it wanst for the insomnia....

Congrats!, this might be kind of off the wall but I say to eat a peanut butter sandwich (as long as youre not allergic) before bed, It seems to help me sleep.

i have either terrible anx or depression. it's hard.  i keep reading too and wonder if it's helping or hurting but it helps me not feel alone.  no one understands.  i do not think it is in your head.  these meds are serious stuff.  i feellike shouting off the rooftops. 

yeah, its good to come here and talk about this, i think only those who experience this can really understand.

Hi Ryan,

I jumped off 2 days ago and I'm pretty much just left with anxiety and insomnia, and I too feel that on the nights I'm able to sleep my anxiety isn't nearly as bad the next day.  I know insomnia's the big challenge for me now.  Have you tried melatonin?  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It seems to help the insomnia when I take 3 mg. capsules, but I think it increases depression for me if I take it consistently.  I've tried taking a lower dose, 1-2 mg., but it doesn't do anything.

I know I occasionally spend too much time on the internet looking for benzo-related info.  I think I do it so I don't have to be alone with myself and my own feelings, thoughts, etc.  At times it's extremely helpful though too, so I guess it's a question of knowing when to draw the line.  I find I have to tear myself away when I catch myself overdoing it.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss for me and I'm better off just focusing on what's happening in my own body and mind.  Hearing others' protracted withdrawal sxs really stirs up the anxiety.  I have to remind myself that we stop hearing from all the people who have healed and been able to resume their lives.

Mal