Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Introduction from Butterfly Effect

[Bu...]

Hi

First thanks to all Admin for making and managing this site!

I have been taking Clonazepam 3mg daily spread out 1mg 3x a day for 2 years.

I do not need or want to take this medication and would love assistance on a withdrawl schedule/spreadsheet.

I just finisheed a painful withdrawl program from Gabapentin which is generally supposed to be easy to stop taking. It took me 8 months to detox after taking 1350mg daily for nerve pain which has been healed. So I am familiar with withdrawl and all it entails.

I have detoxed from Lorazepam using Clonazepam before..years ago. I have been misdiagnosed for many years and just recently correctly diagnosed. I do not need these medications and know I can, in time, clean them from my system.

I have never detoxed from Clonazepam alone and cannot use any medications to facilitate my detox due to allergies. I am not looking or a quick fix but one as smooth as possible understanding there will be withdrawl symptoms and pain I will bear. I have never experienced psychological dependence only physical luckily and know I can reach my goal but would be grateful for communal support.

Sincerely

Butterfly Effect

Hello Butterfly Effect, Welcome to BenzoBuddies  :)

We will gladly help you figure out a taper plan for getting off of clonazepam.  It is good that you understand there will be discomfort and pain no matter how slow you taper off.  It sounds like you are dedicated and prepared to seeing this through until you are completely healed.

You will find lots of support in this community to help you get through those rough days, as well as congratulate you on your good days.  

When you are ready to get started head on over to the Planning Your Taper section and the buddies will help you get started on a taper schedule.

Crono

Hi ButterflyEffect

I'm glad you found us. I too took Gabapentin but it was for benzo withdrawal, but you're right it wasn't fun to wean off, I'm glad you're able to get that over with. Many here are tapering from Klonopin so you're not alone. We're here for you, please ask any questions you have.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies :)

Star

Hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies, ButterflyEffect.

I think the easiest way to get started tapering is to get the smallest/lowest dose tablets - in the case of Klonopin, .5mg - and a pill splitter or razor to cut them up.  At 3mg/day, you could take just 2.75mg/day for a few weeks and if you feel okay, drop another .25mg the next time.  Or you could just go the way of 1/4 tablets (.125mg) to make even smaller reductions.  The guideline at the beginning is 10% of your current dose which is why I think a .25mg reduction would work out okay for you.  What do you think?

[02...]

Hello ButterflyEffect,

Welcome, I'm glad you are here, you will get plenty of good advice and support.  Thanks for the PM, I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Be well,

M

Well hello there Butterfly Effect, glad that you joined, you are now amongst friends and true supporters of your total healing and recovery! Drop me a message anytime... :hug:

Take care, Lida

Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes! WOW. I am so lucky to be here.

I did my Buddie Blog Today...if you want to know my saga...get a comfy chair..lol

Peace, Love, Joy

Butterfly Effect

[d8...]

Hi

I am on my third attempt and am just sying hello as all the support that we can get is so helpful.

Currently 8.5 diazepam long story but 2nd was de tox not advised!!!!!!!

Marg