Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Rebound anxiety and insomnia

[me...]

Greetings,

Ive taken ativan 2.5mg (21 pills) over almost 2-3weeks. Now I am experiencing terrible tremors (anxiety) and insomnia.

I feel also that my memory has become weaker a lot.

Does this go away?

[Re...]

Hello @[me...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am really sorry to hear that you are suffering from these symptoms, I had both of this for many years not knowing what was happening to me. I have no shaking and insomnia has gotten way better (I have other symptoms though). 

Have you considered talking to your doctor about doing a short term taper (a few days), and maybe choosing another medication /therapy method for the condition benzodiazepines were prescribed for? 

Please let us know how we can support you, 

Take care, 

RR

[me...]
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[me...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I am really sorry to hear that you are suffering from these symptoms, I had both of this for many years not knowing what was happening to me. I have no shaking and insomnia has gotten way better (I have other symptoms though). 

Have you considered talking to your doctor about doing a short term taper (a few days), and maybe choosing another medication /therapy method for the condition benzodiazepines were prescribed for? 

Please let us know how we can support you, 

Take care, 

RR

Thank you for your reply.‘unfortunately I took the medicine for anxiety that came along with another antidepressant (Brentalix). And since then I developed major OCD from the meds about short term memory… everyday I am in torture and I thought about dropping all the meds. But I remain with these two symptoms along with the ocd.. I’m stuck and in need of big support.

Edited by [me...]

[Re...]

I myself experienced a significant short term memory loss why on these medications, I had to make a note of everything, and I did not understand what was happening to me. Luckily, this resolved on it's own while I was on the medications.

Have you thought about a revision of your current medication plan with your doctor, discussing these symptoms you have been experiencing? 

[me...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

I myself experienced a significant short term memory loss why on these medications, I had to make a note of everything, and I did not understand what was happening to me. Luckily, this resolved on it's own while I was on the medications.

Have you thought about a revision of your current medication plan with your doctor, discussing these symptoms you have been experiencing? 

Yes he has put on on an anti-psychotic (zyprexa) along with the antidepressant.. and this has also worsened my ocd. I keep repeating that my memory will be destroyed and I don’t know what to do. He mentioned if I don’t take it I might be hospitalized 

[Ba...]

I live in FL and since reducing my dose of Klonopin, I cannot take the heat or sun. It really limits what I can do.