Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

went from days long windows to minutes long windows

Hi, Hoping that someone can chime in what's happening here.

Had a GREAT window at 7 weeks. That lasted three days. Since then (9 days) a new pattern has emerged. Insomnia is worse than ever, and the day is a roller coaster of minutes long windows alternating with dark anxiety, like a roller coaster.

Any veterans of this process have some insight to offer?

Love this forum. My buddies!

Hi yram,

It sounds like typical, frustrating withdrawal to me, I'm just glad you're still experiencing windows while dealing with insomnia.  Have you changed any supplements, medications, exercise, hormones, diet or anything else?  If not, then you'll probably have to chalk it up to the waxing and waning of symptoms and wait for it to pass.

Not much help, was I?  :(

Hi Mary, I hate that you are going through this after so many encouraging days. You have to believe (with your whole heart and soul) that you are at the final stages of adjustment. Once the windows close, the door will open!!! Hurrah!

Stay strong and tough girlfriend - you are almost at the end of this madness!

Take care,

:thumbsup:

Lida

Thanks Lida, Pam.

I can endure the constant anxiety but the abject lack of sleep . . .  Wondering what meds or methods people use to sleep when the insomnia is tough.

People sometimes post helpful hints on the Insomnia board, look for one by a member named Lakesound, it may be back a couple of pages.  She built a little kit to help her when sleep wouldn't come.

I know the frustration of having your window close yram.  Mine started closing yesterday, slammed shut today.  I think it might partly be due to the fact I did too much.  I had energy for the first time in months and really pushed, even yesterday when I was feeling the window close.  I really think I should have listened to my body more- it was telling me enough, but I just wanted to fight it.

I read this on a Benzodiazepine Recovery Tips list and next time I will take it more seriously:

When we start to feel better, it is very typical to try to do too much. We are grateful to be alive and we have energy for the first time in weeks or months. But this can be a dangerous time. When we do to much and take on too much too early, it re-sensitizes the nervous system. It doesn’t prevent healing in the long term, but it can make us feel discouraged. So try to pace yourself, even if you are feeling good.

Here is the link if you want to read the whole page:

http://psychmedaware.org/recovery_tips.html

Sorry about your insomnia.  I listed some tips that really helped me under that topic if you want to check it out.  Let me know if you need help finding it.

THanks so much buddies. I love the suggestions. I will try all of them -- the kit, your list of tips, Perseverance.

Today I really applied myself to total acceptance of my anxiety. It's a trial and error process. I tried playing around with seeing my gut in knots as a pregnancy of healing and stuff like that, anything to keep the focus positive. This is a marathon and we have to strategize for the long haul.

I don't know what I'd do without the wisdom of you BBs. You are so comforting.