How long were you on it?

[Ha...]

I'm curious, how long were you on your benzo before you started weaning off it, which benzo were you on and what dosage?

[or...]
1 hour ago, [[H...] said:

I'm curious, how long were you on your benzo before you started weaning off it, which benzo were you on and what dosage?

Hi Hall,

So glad you've joined us here on BB, I feel I owe more than I can ever repay, to all the buddies that have helped me learn a slow, and steady, taper :smitten:

I was on 35 years of 1 mg Clonazepam, plus just over a year of tapering now, and down to just about a half , so .5 mg coming up by Summer I'm hoping.

I didn't know anything about this "sort of" one a day pill, but I know now after finding BB.  I was obviously in Tolerance WD for literally years.  Please feel welcome to look at my history page here, Oregonlady's benzo history, :hug:

[ji...]

over 30 years of 2. mgs of  klonopin. 1.mg twice a day. ive been tapering for over 3 years ~~~jill

8 years.

First three years 20-25 mg Lorazepam 

5 years 100-150 mg Diazepam.

Now 30 mg Diazepam.

Did that much too fast.

[OD...]

About 20 years. What's unique (i think) about my story is that for about 16 of those years I had no tolerance issues. I was very careful to take two days in between each benzo dose, and would essentially schedule most of my life to fall on days when I did take a dose... it's insane that I managed to arrange my social life to fall exactly twice per week for over a decade, but I somehow managed. During these years I would often stop cold-turkey for weeks at a time, during periods where I wasn't dating etc., and never had any withdrawal issues at all.

About 16 years in I went through a pretty rough time in my personal life, I got a bit overconfident and began taking the benzo daily for "just a week or two", that quickly becomes twice a day, three times a day etc. and that's when all my issues began, within 3-4 months I was constantly having intra-dose withdrawal symptoms, and here I am now.

My initial dose was 2mg of Xanax as needed, which stayed the same for those 16 years. My ending dose when things got really bad was about 8mg of Xanax per day.

Edited by [OD...]

30 years of clonazepam 1 mg two times a day. Close to two years tapering almost halfway off it’s been a battle.

[Ma...]

9 years on Clonazepam 1.0 mg once at night.  Plus 9 months of tapering, down to 0.3 mg now.  

[Ko...]

Spent 4 months of klonopin .5 mg at bedtime after 10 days of total insomnia- now tapering for the past 8 months- had to switch to valium to taper and now on 5.5 mg. Will probably take me close to another year of tapering as I have to work full-time.

[Ze...]

I was on klonopin 1mg for over 35 years.  I tapered off completely, taking my last little piece December 16, 2023.  I took 5% out every 2 weeks, stopping when I was down to .5mg for about 1 month, then continuing with taking 5% out every 2 weeks again.  Now I am experiencing fairly severe insomnia, and have taken nothing for sleep.  The insomnia sucks, but so far I am dealing with it thanks to the insomnia forum here and the Sleep Coach School on YouTube.