Members-only Group  ·  424 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

[No...]

[No...]

Hi! I'm living in Norway, and I'm 70 years old. 9 years, and 5 months.
Polydrugged for many years, and a CT, the healthcare didn't want to help me. I'm living alone, and I can barely take care of myself. Weak, and exhausted. I have no one to talk to, so I'm so glad I found BB. 

A very nice forum! 

• Like 2

[Co...]

Hello @[No...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

"9 years, and 5 months" - does this refer to how long you took benzodiazepines, or how long has been since your cold turkey?

[Na...]

Welcome @[No...]!

Nine and half years is a long time. If you don't mind me asking, what were you taking and what issues are you still dealing with?

[No...]

Thanks for asking, I'm so grateful. 

Diazepam 15 years. Internal vibrations, a burning skin, tingling, "flu", breathing problems, I can't sit still, anxiety and I can't handle stress. A nap makes me much worse. Life is great!  :heybabe:

What are your worst problems? 

[Wa...]

Welcome, Norwegian. It is nice to meet you. I hope you will find the support you need here. Everyone seems to be very friendly and kind. I've been on BB for 5 years but stayed away since 18 months off as I didn't want to marinate in symptoms all day but I am finding that I really need the support at this far out as  my circle keeps getting smaller. I live alone too and understand that level of despair as well. 

[No...]

Thanks for your reply Warrior! I'm so sorry you are suffering. 

Facebook was scary. But I was recommended BB on a forum in Norway. So you are well known!

It is probably hard to other people to understand what we are going through, our symptoms are so weird. And they don't understand that we have suffered for so long, and they suggest many diagnoses: Fibromyalgia, ME or MS. Healthcare doesn't understand either.

[Na...]
3 hours ago, [[N...] said:

What are your worst problems? 

Anxiety and painfully spasmed muscles over my rib cage and chest.

I was sequentially on several z-drugs and temazepam for insomnia for about 18 years. Quit 9 years ago this July. Our histories are not dissimilar.

• Sad 1

[La...]

Hi Norwegian and welcome to BB! Here you will find kind and supportive people. I’m sorry you’ve been suffering so long as well as doing it alone. I also was alone for awhile and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone who is going through recovery. I hope you get well soon. Hugs

• Love 1

[Ca...]

Nice to meet you here on BB! So sorry it's been so rough for so long.

My worst overall would be depression. Has been mostly mental symptoms.

[No...]
Posted (edited)

Thanks Nathan, LadyDen and Catt for your support, I'm so grateful! 

:smitten:

Edited by [No...]