Help from people who recovered from torso/back muscle pulling and tightness

[Gi...]

Hi All,

Can people who recovered from this symptom please contribute to this topic?

It would be very helpful as this is a very stubborn and overwhelming symptom. 

Only positive reassuring feedbacks please 🙏❤️

• Like 2

[Th...]

I've dealt with back pain all my life, however withdrawing from Benzos made things worse. Benzos are muscle relaxers so once off them, your muscles clench. 

I have found that the best ways to relieve muscle tension  in the back, for me anyway, my number one go to is stretching. Sit on the floor and touch your toes, reach as far as you can without hurting yourself, and hold this pose for 30 seconds. Stretch your calves by leaning against the wall, and hamstrings too, grabbing your foot from behind and pulling it against the back of your leg. All these tight muscles pull on your back and hips causing more pain and stiffness. Go online and look up stretches for the back. Stretch a few times a day.

Ice helps with pain too, if something is really painful, ice it for 15 mins a couple times a day. Then stretch.

Walking really helps loosen back muscles and limbers them up. Keep active with muscle stiffness, sitting or laying around makes it worse. 

I know what you are feeling, the further into your healing you will get less tight, I hope you begin to feel better soon! 

• Like 2

[Gi...]
1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

I've dealt with back pain all my life, however withdrawing from Benzos made things worse. Benzos are muscle relaxers so once off them, your muscles clench. 

I have found that the best ways to relieve muscle tension  in the back, for me anyway, my number one go to is stretching. Sit on the floor and touch your toes, reach as far as you can without hurting yourself, and hold this pose for 30 seconds. Stretch your calves by leaning against the wall, and hamstrings too, grabbing your foot from behind and pulling it against the back of your leg. All these tight muscles pull on your back and hips causing more pain and stiffness. Go online and look up stretches for the back. Stretch a few times a day.

Ice helps with pain too, if something is really painful, ice it for 15 mins a couple times a day. Then stretch.

Walking really helps loosen back muscles and limbers them up. Keep active with muscle stiffness, sitting or laying around makes it worse. 

I know what you are feeling, the further into your healing you will get less tight, I hope you begin to feel better soon! 

Thank you so much for replying. I used about 10 tablets of z drugs sparingly over a month last year because I had stopped escitalopram and I had awful insomnia and now I have muscle spasms from it unbelievable.

• Love 1

[Re...]
7 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Hi All,

Can people who recovered from this symptom please contribute to this topic?

It would be very helpful as this is a very stubborn and overwhelming symptom. 

Only positive reassuring feedbacks please 🙏❤️

I had muscle twisting, tightness and a feeling like my muscles were going to explode all over my body. And thankfully, I do not have that anymore. It can go away. Plus, I had extreme convulsion like spasms that went away. 

• Like 2

[Gi...]
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I had muscle twisting, tightness and a feeling like my muscles were going to explode all over my body. And thankfully, I do not have that anymore. It can go away. Plus, I had extreme convulsion like spasms that went away. 

Thank you so much @[Re...]

I have all of this particularly on the upper body: torso, back, rib cage absolutely awful. I have had it now for nearly a year and although slightly improved still very debilitating and painful.

My torso moves, tears, pulls and there is a terrible pressure and spasms on my abdomen when I speak as well. Did you have this?

May I also ask you how long this symptom lasted for you?

Also did you taper or ct?

I only took about 10 z drug tablets over a month but I was withdrawing from lexapro so I honestly don’t know what caused what.

Thank you ❤️

Edited by [Gi...]
  • Like 1

[Re...]
16 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you so much @[Re...]

I have all of this particularly on the upper body: torso, back, rib cage absolutely awful. I have had it now for nearly a year and although slightly improved still very debilitating and painful.

My torso moves, tears, pulls and there is a terrible pressure and spasms on my abdomen when I speak as well. Did you have this?

May I also ask you how long this symptom lasted for you?

Also did you taper or ct?

I only took about 10 z drug tablets over a month but I was withdrawing from lexapro so I honestly don’t know what caused what.

Thank you ❤️

I had the abdomen issues and rib cage issues you mention plus it caused difficulty breathing. I have a symptom list but haven't fully calculated time frames for all symptoms. I would estimate 6-8 months that I had this without windows. I got a frozen shoulder from all of this and have had different muscle issues now due to that but it feels more like it is from the injury of that itself. I have random muscle clenching from the shoulder all over my body. I understand not knowing what caused what as these symptoms from all the psych and Z drugs are so similar. Are you off of all drugs including OTC, supplements, etc, and eating a clean diet? I feel very strongly about the importance of being off of everything and keeping an anti-inflammatory low histamine diet. I think it is key to healing.

• Like 2

[Gi...]
54 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I had the abdomen issues and rib cage issues you mention plus it caused difficulty breathing. I have a symptom list but haven't fully calculated time frames for all symptoms. I would estimate 6-8 months that I had this without windows. I got a frozen shoulder from all of this and have had different muscle issues now due to that but it feels more like it is from the injury of that itself. I have random muscle clenching from the shoulder all over my body. I understand not knowing what caused what as these symptoms from all the psych and Z drugs are so similar. Are you off of all drugs including OTC, supplements, etc, and eating a clean diet? I feel very strongly about the importance of being off of everything and keeping an anti-inflammatory low histamine diet. I think it is key to healing.

Thanks Rebecca29.

Yes I am off everything I literally do not touch anything not even a paracetamol. I have seen lots of healing but the muscles issues seem to be persistent.
Also the tremors, buzzing and vibrations. I always have them. I notice them when I lie down still and sat down try to relax. My hands alway tremor when I hold my phone or other objects.
Do you experience these?

[Re...]
1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Thanks Rebecca29.

Yes I am off everything I literally do not touch anything not even a paracetamol. I have seen lots of healing but the muscles issues seem to be persistent.
Also the tremors, buzzing and vibrations. I always have them. I notice them when I lie down still and sat down try to relax. My hands alway tremor when I hold my phone or other objects.
Do you experience these?

Here is a recent post where I listed all of my symptoms. The answer is yes. I had worse hand tremors before which is much much better.

[Gi...]
3 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Here is a recent post where I listed all of my symptoms. The answer is yes. I had worse hand tremors before which is much much better.

Thank you 😊. I have just read the post. You have a good day Rebecca and may we all heal fully and enjoy our life again. ❤️

[Re...]
22 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you 😊. I have just read the post. You have a good day Rebecca and may we all heal fully and enjoy our life again. ❤️

Here for you, buddy. We will get there!

Edited by [Re...]
  • Like 1

[dj...]
2 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Thanks Rebecca29.

Do you experience these?

My nerurologist says the buzzing and vibration is muscles screaming.  These muscle issues cause other symptoms 

[da...]

Totally agree with @[Th...].

For me, my left hip joint pain and popping sound started 5 months ago. I was not understand benzo WD at that time (though I am tapering at the same time). Shortly after the hip joint, my shoulder, back and basically my whole body got some random popping sound and pain.
It really scared me, so I went to physiotherapy.
I did a lot of testing. Blood test, XRay and even MRI. All of them are good. My physio suspect that it is because of the muscle unbalance. Some of the muscle are too weak, while some are too tight. Thus, causing the pain and popping sound.
It sounds reasonable because Benzo is a really good muscle relaxer. And it certainly do something on our muscle in the withdrawal.

I started to do stretching and walking. To be honest, I started the exercise for a month and it didn't help much in pain relief. But I can definitely feel my muscle getting stronger. It also help me a lot mentally. 
I don't think I can completely get rid of the joint pain during my tapering. But building the body for the future healing is always a good thing!

• Love 2

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[d...] said:

My nerurologist says the buzzing and vibration is muscles screaming.  These muscle issues cause other symptoms 

Muscle screaming is a perfect description, squeezing, electrical current thru the muscles and nerves,head to toe vibrating thrunmy torso amd everywhere! When it calms down for a bit, I feel bruised all over. My hair hurts! My tongue is numb, my throat, I can't stand sound, its like a bad speaker with an electrical digital sound coming thru it. 

I can't stand, I'm unsteady and vibrating electrical currents thru me. I'm numb thru and thru. My fingers are stiff and hurt.

The doses cause my mouth to get so numb, my voice box feels paralyzed and sounds raspy 

What is this?

I've been reading some of these on this topic and it sounds like a neurological disease. 

I'm seeing more and more members with these symptoms now. 

I wrote earlier I'm glad I'm not the only one, at least I know it's related to withdrawal but I still don't understand this. 

I'm one that has to have an explanation. I need answers to this. There must be a connection to those members somehow. 

I hope you all get over this soon, it's killing me!

Ns

[Ma...]

Does anyone know someone who recovered? I’m officially protracted now and beside a handful of 2-3 hour windows in the past years I am bedridden or couchridden from these issues, 

I have searched all over benzobuddies and literally no one answered me with a positive reply. 
I have Dystonia in upper body , hands arms head jaws back neck shoulders , in my upperlefs and in my feet

[Ha...]

Yes, I have the rib cage/abdomen/hip/back and leg muscle issues as well. Probably the worst and most persistent symptom. I had acupuncture for it last Monday and it really helped. My muscles are relaxing around my upper back and rib cage are relaxing for the first time in months and months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 14:46, [[T...] said:

Thank you so much for this TheOldChick ❤️

• Love 1