Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Still getting infections?!

[Ga...]

[Ga...]

Hello fellow LH’s.  I remember reading early on in Heather Ashton’s manual that some injured benzo buddies can present with different infections over and over again!  I am one of those as I have had repeat UTI’s, viral like infections, and IBS.  Anyone else following this pattern?  I can feel great for a couple of days, then back down the rabbit hole of feeling awful with chills, gi issues, and headaches!  I am now at 48 months off and enjoying good windows….until the wave takes me down again!?

Healing hugs,

GG

[ka...]

GG, 

I do not have the infections you speak of but it makes sense to me that the benzos could cause this cycling. I have the cycling of symptoms but like you have gotten better in time, that's the only healer. 

Sending you healing energy, again and again.

-kanoba <3

• Love 1

• 1 month later...
[Le...]
Posted (edited)

Hey I had something similar and made some mistakes so I am not going to tell you how I figured things out cause I did something that worked but isnt a great idea. can i ask if you have any rashes recurring or build up on tongue?

Edited by [Le...]

[le...]

I’ve had lot bad tummy upsets, sickness and diahorrhea, have lost a lot weight as lot time don’t fancy food,

[Le...]

I had a lot of candida problems causing that and thrush  there is a treatment that will work for a few days but it is very harmful and never lasts unless you deal with the underlying cause which is likely is my case to be the anxiety. When I finally had my ears calm down and could sleep I tried probiotics and low carb diet. I was mostly doing that already but got back to strictly doing it and it is mostly gone.