Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Could Dysautonomia and central pain syndrome just be benzo damage ?

[Fo...]

[Fo...]

And likely go away in time? I'm 2.5 years out but I have central pain syndrome , down to the discoloration and all.  

[Na...]

I don't think anyone could tell you that with any certainty, but it doesn't sound implausible. But, I'm no doctor.

There are benzo receptors all throughout the brain and the peripheral nervous system. 

I give you the Translocator Protein, formerly known at the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor (PBR). Turns out that they aren't just in the periphery, these proteins are in the brain as well. 

It's hard to overstate how crucial the GABAergic system is to having a properly functioning brain and nervous system.

Edited by [Na...]
  • Like 1

[Sc...]
8 hours ago, [[F...] said:

And likely go away in time? I'm 2.5 years out but I have central pain syndrome , down to the discoloration and all.  

I was diagnosed with central pain syndrome from SSRI"s benzos and sleeping pills. The most severe pain which as the shocks went away but the severe tension on my head did not.

[Fo...]
8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I was diagnosed with central pain syndrome from SSRI"s benzos and sleeping pills. The most severe pain which as the shocks went away but the severe tension on my head did not.

I was on the ssri also,  shocks left but the extreme pain moves around and my nerves , occipital and others are still not good.  

[Fo...]
16 hours ago, [[N...] said:

I don't think anyone could tell you that with any certainty, but it doesn't sound implausible. But, I'm no doctor.

There are benzo receptors all throughout the brain and the peripheral nervous system. 

I give you the Translocator Protein, formerly known at the peripheral benzodiazepine receptor (PBR). Turns out that they aren't just in the periphery, these proteins are in the brain as well. 

It's hard to overstate how crucial the GABAergic system is to having a properly functioning brain and nervous system.

It wasn't until now that I have feelings of defeat,  I was doing better and then after the flu I had something very bad happen to my cns, worse than anything I'd experienced and that's saying alot because I was very very damaged at one point.  The flu caused me to feel paralyzed and then I ended up having severe weakness in my limbs for months with alot of off balance and weird disorganized thinking and others vagus nerve stuff went crazy. Now I'm so tired all the time, thanks for writing

[Fo...]

I feel sad that, the pain won't go away. Cried alot today.

[Sc...]

My central pain was tolerable 3-4years off the drug now at 11 years i feel worse than ever. But its not really pain its a severe tension all over my head crushing muscle tension. Damage to the CNS. The criminals who prescribed me the drugs enjoyed it and i paid the consequences.

[wi...]
8 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I feel sad that, the pain won't go away. Cried alot today.

I have no tears left, so therefore no release. I’m in freeze mode , just petrified with a blank look on my face always.

[Fo...]
8 hours ago, [[S...] said:

My central pain was tolerable 3-4years off the drug now at 11 years i feel worse than ever. But its not really pain its a severe tension all over my head crushing muscle tension. Damage to the CNS. The criminals who prescribed me the drugs enjoyed it and i paid the consequences.

I'm sorry, I understand your feelings and I'm very sorry. It's very hard I cannot believe it. I can't even believe the things I've experienced and then tried to help myself by seeing doctors, paying so much money to see fucntional doctors, just continually reaching not even knowing many times if it was related to the drugs as it was just so severe of symptoms. The loss is very large.

[Sc...]
On 10/04/2024 at 04:28, [[F...] said:

I'm sorry, I understand your feelings and I'm very sorry. It's very hard I cannot believe it. I can't even believe the things I've experienced and then tried to help myself by seeing doctors, paying so much money to see fucntional doctors, just continually reaching not even knowing many times if it was related to the drugs as it was just so severe of symptoms. The loss is very large.

Its hard, one feels assaulted by doctors who were supposed to help. In fact it was assault because they knew they were committing fraud and the drugs caused harm. I cannot believe it either.

• Like 1

[Be...]

I have a petrified look on myself too quite often and it's not from external circumstances.  It's like I'm clenching my teeth all the time because my CNS is wrecked.   I do clench my teeth in bed at night.  I had two cracked molars but am getting them fixed with new crowns.  I look terrified even going to get a hair cut.  People don't understand what's wrong with me.

• Sad 1