Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

I feel like a turtle without a shell

[st...]

[st...]

I'm coming up on 28 months soon.  I'm still in the windows and waves phase. One day good one day bad. The intensity of my symptoms, dampened down a bit at 2 years. I'm finally having days where I think I'm going to beat this a have a life again. It's so bizarre how you can feel good for a few days to a week and then bam you get hit hard again. Today I'm in bed under a weighted blanket hiding because I feel like a turtle without a  shell.  All my nerves feel exposed and my feelings are very sensitive. I'm going to play some card games on my phone and try to distract. A few months ago I couldnt do anything to distract so I'm trying to find the gratitude in that. I'm sorry for all my fellow warriors out there that have struggled for so long out there through this process. We are some determined, strong humans. Xo

Edited by [st...]
.isspelled word
  • Like 2

[li...]

it slowly gets better with each passing year. you sound strong & determined and that will help you significantly. :boxer:

• Like 1

[Gr...]

I understand that steph1980 I’m at 19 months and have days and sometime a week and thank I got this and then might spend a day or two with leg cramps and stiff thigh, muscles stiff neck pain , tinnitus will ramp up. A few other symptoms and then just like that a day or so later it’s gone but thankful for the days that I do have wishing everyone the best in healing.

• Love 1

[fl...]
On 06/04/2024 at 15:58, [[s...] said:

I'm coming up on 28 months soon.  I'm still in the windows and waves phase. One day good one day bad. The intensity of my symptoms, dampened down a bit at 2 years. I'm finally having days where I think I'm going to beat this a have a life again. It's so bizarre how you can feel good for a few days to a week and then bam you get hit hard again. Today I'm in bed under a weighted blanket hiding because I feel like a turtle with no shell.  All my nerves feel exposed and my feelings are very sensitive. I'm going to play some card games on my phone and try to distract. A few months ago I could do anything to distract so I'm trying to find the gratitude in that. I'm sorry for all my fellow warriors out there that have struggled for so long out there through this process. We are some determined, strong humans. Xo

Wow you sound just like me at 2 years. That is where I am now. Feeling great for 3 weeks then bam. The wave hits me again. All of those negative feelings come back and u can’t reason with yourself. Will this ever end?

• Love 1

[jo...]

Turtle without a shell is a perfect description. I’m 34 months out and 46 months total. I don’t get windows. I just keep dragging myself along feeling scared, in pain and battle weary but I’m desperate to survive and thrive again. I hope your windows keep coming and opening up more and more 

• Love 1