Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Tapering trazadone

[Ma...]

I’m almost a year off of klonapin and think it is time to start tapering my trazodone. I was prescribed for sleep when I first jumped. I did my first cut 2 weeks ago and felt better than I have since the jump. Unfortunately, the past 2 days have been terrible. Almost feel back in acute. I don’t know if I should continue to cut… I have it in my head that trazodone has been holding me back. All my benzo symptoms have pretty much left except DP/DR which I blame on the trazodone…

has anyone experienced tapering off of trazodone after feeling somewhat “healed”??

I've never taken trazadone but my closest benzo friend has. She is one year off benzo, long term use, ct. She's tapering trazadone now and sharing the experience with me on a daily basis. So far she hasn't felt anything wrong with it, just a very slow but, by my judgement, steady improvement in general. @[Ma...], how much trazadone did you take originally and what was your first cut?

I'm working off trazodone now as well.  I am still dealing with klonopin withdrawal (7 weeks post-jump now).  I have been using trazodone to help sleep for the last few months.  I was up to 100 mg at night.  Now I am down to 25 mg a night.  I slept the first time in over 6 years without it or any medication at all this week.  So it is possible for those of us who had/have insomnia to be medication free!  I'll probably use 25 mg as needed and then be done with it in a week or so.  I know the normal anti-depressant dose is 100-375 mg per day.  Hopefully you don't get the SSRI (or SARI in this case) withdrawal symptoms given you are at a lower dose.

• Like 2

[Ma...]

Thanks for replying. How much are you tapering? I also was on K for many many years and went through horrible withdrawal. Was put on Zoloft and trazodone a year ago… the Zoloft was hard to get off so I’m worried about the traz… hoping to go super slow and not have too hard of a time.

• 4 weeks later...
[Kr...]
On 02/04/2024 at 23:19, [[M...] said:

Thanks for replying. How much are you tapering? I also was on K for many many years and went through horrible withdrawal. Was put on Zoloft and trazodone a year ago… the Zoloft was hard to get off so I’m worried about the traz… hoping to go super slow and not have too hard of a time.

Age and weight have a lot to do with it. Find out your bmi.  People with more body fat seem to have less symptoms with trazodone wd